Follow us on...
Follow us on Google PlusFollow us on TwitterFollow us on FacebookWatch us on YouTubeFollow us on Linkedin

Create Account

Photo
- - - - -

Newbie Here

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tregger Woodshaw

Tregger Woodshaw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationMontana
  • Published Works:Working on second installment of Oamen Grounds series while book one is still in its editing process.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:37 AM

Good morning everybody. I just signed up the other day to the sight, and thought I would introduce myself. The names Andrew, not Tregger, and I'm looking forward to future discussions. I have not published anything as of yet, but am working on a book series called the Oamen Grounds. Book one is in the editing stage while I am working on book two. It is a series I have long wanted to complete, and have been working since I was sixteen. That makes it about three years in progress.

I'm a scy fy fan since birth, and love the outdoors. One of the things I have always loved is camping with the family, although it seems that those days are growing less and less as life gets busier, but that only makes it more enjoyable when the opportunities arrive.

Looks like a great sight and looking forward to future discussions.

#2 jedi79

jedi79

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:38 PM

Hello Andrew, and welcome to AndieAuthors! It is great to meet you, and good luck with your book series. It is great to have you here!

#3 drdaveherndon

drdaveherndon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMontana
  • Published Works:Is Jesus Enough? (English and Chinese versions)
    The Quest: Changing a Church's Culture from Mission-minded to Missions-active
    A Heart Hungry for Worship

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

Welcome. How about a brief synopsis of your books? Always loved sy fy.

#4 sherrijots

sherrijots

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationMontana
  • Published Works:The Vrykolakas Deviation

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Hey! I know Tregger...er, um...I mean Andrew! :D I can attest to the fact that his WIP is terrific! I'm editing it for him. The name Tregger Woodshaw is actually a minor character in his book, but I'm trying to talk him into giving him more of a major role in the future. This book of his is an epic sci/fi adventure set on earth in the future. Besides Tregger, there is Levi - a bit of a coward, who woke up inside a fort one day and can't remember who he is. He is actually one of two characters named Levi, but one is an impostor. I haven't figured out if the Levi who woke up in the fort is the impostor or not. Matthew lives in another fort; he is a Morgni Sign Reader (Morgni - elusive creatures who kill the Rebirtha. The Rebirtha are trying to kill off the humans.) But Matthew longs to leave the fort and search for his missing father, a scientist who used to work for Bionine. Isaac is a genetically enhanced super soldier who has been captured by the Rebirtha. The Rebirtha's leader, the Akilian, is trying to convince Isaac he should be fighting for the Rebirtha and not the humans; Isaac is starting to believe him. Tregger is a low level executive for Bionine who interviews Matthew for a job at one point in the story, but he is such a vivid character - I couldn't stop laughing when I read that scene - that I hope he make a reappearance in the future. Then there's this thing called Oamen. It's a thing (I think) not a person. It's pretty strange; if you get caught in one like Levi did, then you have a strange and lingering sense of forboding. You can also see strange things in an Oamen. In the Oamen Levi was in he saw three melting men in a river; he thought they were dead but one was still alive though he was disintegrating. Levi wanted to help the man but couldn't figure a way to do that. Now he feels guilty for leaving the man in the river. I'm only a quarter of the way through his story and that's what I've learned so far! ;)
Come by my website and say hi, leave a comment, words of wisdom are welcome too: Sherri Lackey

#5 drdaveherndon

drdaveherndon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMontana
  • Published Works:Is Jesus Enough? (English and Chinese versions)
    The Quest: Changing a Church's Culture from Mission-minded to Missions-active
    A Heart Hungry for Worship

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

Very cool -- thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Banner