Follow us on...
Follow us on Google PlusFollow us on TwitterFollow us on FacebookWatch us on YouTubeFollow us on Linkedin

Create Account

Photo

What Is Your Kdp Select Freedom Day?

Publishing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

March 6, 2012

That is the date the Amazon sent me after my inquiry. I could have found it myself by following these instructions they gave me.

1. Visit https://kdp.amazon.com and log in.
2. Click on "Info" found on the right hand side (under the green check) of the book you want to view the details for.

I didn't have that much success with the program as others had, so I'm looking forward to getting my other online outlets "live" again. The 90 day commitment really isn't that long, but it felt like a long time.

For anyone else out there like me who are only doing one term:
  • What is your KDP Select freedom date?
  • How do you feel about your experience?
  • Can you foresee yourself ever doing the program again?

#2 drdaveherndon

drdaveherndon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMontana
  • Published Works:Is Jesus Enough? (English and Chinese versions)
    The Quest: Changing a Church's Culture from Mission-minded to Missions-active
    A Heart Hungry for Worship

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

My date is March 8. I will use the program again since I did very well. I sold far more books in the 90 days than in the 6 months previous, with over 1,500 copies. Even at the low $1.70 per book, it more than made up for everything and print copies also benefited as some people contacted me and asked to ship multiple copies to them to give away. I discounted those and still did pretty good. 90 days is a long time, but the exposure was worth it. I even sold a couple of hundred copies in Europe, which was a nice surprise. I didn't lose a lot since I never sold more than 3-4 month on Barnes & Noble or Lulu anyway.

#3 Anya Yana

Anya Yana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Published Works:Prophetic Revelations: Forgotten Word the novelette will be out in two weeks. By April, a full length Christian work will be published. I will be doing ScriptFrenzy in April, and come July my third will be produced.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:52 PM

I wish I could do KDP select.
I have to use a third party to get my books up since I live outside the US.

But I don't like the exclusivity.
On the other hand, I'm still trying to figure out how to price this.

How did you come up with $1.70?

www.self-publishing-haven.com
Where Writers Thrive.
Coming Soon!

@selfpubhaven

#4 Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

Dave,

I'm glad to hear it is working well for you. The low price point seems to be a good bet.

#5 drdaveherndon

drdaveherndon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationMontana
  • Published Works:Is Jesus Enough? (English and Chinese versions)
    The Quest: Changing a Church's Culture from Mission-minded to Missions-active
    A Heart Hungry for Worship

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

Amazon sent an email that computed the number of authors signing up in a particular month, number of books listed in KDP and number of copies downloaded. This was divided by the fund they set up, $500,000. It worked out in December for $1.70 per book for each author times number of books downloaded. We will see at the end of the quarter when royalties are issued

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Banner