Amazon Kindle Paying For Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Adambo, May 27, 2013.

1. Adambo

Adambo New Member

Hey, all, I know it's been a while since I last posted on here, but I'd like your opinion on something. Amazon has come up with a new business scheme: pay people to write fanfiction! They are buying the rights from companies to publish and sell fanfictions based off of certain TV shows. So far, they only have the rights to three shows, The Vampire Diaries, Gossip Girl, and Pretty Little Liars. They say their rates will range between .99 cents and $3.00. As someone who enjoys writing fanfics now and then, I would jump at the chance to earn a little cash writing them! Currently, I have no interest in writing for any of the shows they've acquired the rights to, but they plan on expanding their market in the near future, so I'm hopeful that they'll eventually nab one I can get behind. What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_375976362_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1001197431&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=0RB66RX07XXG6NTRMZ40&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1558872522&pf_rd_i=1001197421

MatthewJ and joseho like this.