Anyone On Here Make Cover Art?

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by jonathoncharlap, Jan 15, 2012.

1. jonathoncharlap

jonathoncharlap New Member

I'm asking for some future titles I have coming up.

2. fairieswriter

fairieswriter New Member

I've did my own, plus the illustrations inside the book. We are planning to later open up services as we get our feet wet in the publishing business. You can see inside my book HERE.

3. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

I do as well. All the covers you see below (except the last one) I designed. I've also done a number for some of my upcoming titiles.

4. PaulineCreeden

PaulineCreeden New Member

I did my own covers for the ones in my signature, but those are non-fiction, and therefore easier. They don't have to tell a story, they just need to invoke an emotion.

For my FICTION, I hired a graphic designer. I have two of them for different purposes. They are both awesome. One of them uses stock photos, but she blends them in such a way that they make a VERY professional looking cover. Her name is Mooky Johnson and she's very reasonably priced. Here's a link to her facebook album which has covers that she did based on blurbs and titles alone:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10150370885212680.351934.508657679&type=3

The other is a computer graphic artist who makes original artwork for your cover, he is more expensive, but does awesome work and it's original, so your cover is truely YOUR COVER. His website is http://mad-gods.com and as an example, here's the mock-up of the artwork that he did for my novel which is coming out hopefully next month (the white lines are a watermark and will not be in the final work):
    [​IMG]