Anyone Use Pub It By B&N

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by jonathoncharlap, Feb 22, 2012.

1. jonathoncharlap

jonathoncharlap New Member

It's a service similar to KDP. Has anyone used them? I want to but I can't because my KDP contract isn't over yet.

Are the sales as high as on Kindle? I know there was a woman who sold a million ebooks on the Nook. Not that I'm expecting this result....god forbid anyone would :rolleyes:

http://pubit.barnesandnoble.com/pubit_app/bn?t=pi_reg_home

2. russ5260

russ5260 New Member

Depends on your genre, but I make far less on B&N than from Amazon. Kobo also beats B&N. I still think B&N will eventually go out of business.

3. davidbergsland

davidbergsland New Member

Lulu, Smashwords, and Draft2Digital all submit to B&N when you upload a book to them. Draft2Digital looks like it might turn out good [they're still in beta]. Smashwords makes you ruin your book's formatting. Lulu is very fussy. But PubIt is easy and quick with very fast approval when you upload a good ePUB to them. It's the same with Kobo Writing Life. Like Russ, I'm doing better on Kobo than B&N. The iBookstore is third for me after Createspace #1, KDP #2. Lulu also does well for me with the iBookstore, with downloadable PDFs, and printed books.