Are You Making Room For Writing This Weekend?

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Samantha Fury, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I think it's very important that we make time for writing. Sometimes we just have to say, okay I'm going to toss out a couple of chapters this weekend. It's very easy for life to get in the way.

What are your plans for this weekend, for your writing?

I hope to finish Reasonable Service. It's my third novel in the Street Justice Series. Once I write the last few chapters I'll start my second hard edit.

What are your plans?

2. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

My weekend is pretty booked up with other responsibilities already, but I'm hoping maybe next weekend I'll get a chance to write. It's been a lot longer than I care to admit since I worked on my manuscript.

Samantha Fury likes this.
  3. Rebekah

Rebekah New Member

I need to! My writing has slowed down since taking on a part time job and other household schedule changes have interrupted it. I've got to start carving out a new writing schedule!

4. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

I have to work but if I could write I could probably get Day 2 done and sent off to my editor.

JH

5. Samantha Fury

I can't state enough how much we need to look at this as a business. You may be hearing me harp on that a lot, but until we get it. I'll be preaching it at you guys and at myself. LOL!!

Samantha

6. Feenix

Feenix New Member

Tonight I revamped the cover for the paperback edition of Lycentia: Harrak's Scrolls. Tomorrow I plan to blog about my little hospital adventure and then edit Lycentia to prepare the paperback edition's release! Does all of that count as "writing"?

7. Samantha Fury

I think it does. I like about two pages and I'm done with the first writing and ready to start the second edit of RS.

Oh the joys of being an Author.

Samantha

8. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Unfortunately, I wish I could this weekend. Hopes and plans for next weekend. I agree, we do need to set aside the time to write and make it happen.

9. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

I completed Day Two. I am doing one more editing pass before I send it to my editor. So, I worked it in :)

I think for me, the big thing that is helping is that I am beginning to get a "Zone" mentality. I did this when I played football. It was me, and the ball and anyone between me and the ball and that is it. Nothing else exists in that world. And I have always been good of imagining what I want. So, I am working on creating the "Write Zone" where I can be in the middle of the living room with chaos going on and still write. So far, my experiement is half working. I was doing my editing and then they put on a show I wanted to watch and some broke into the zone and I found myself watching TV. But at least I am trying :)

JH

10. Samantha Fury

I just love that phrase Writing Zone very cool. We all need to get that but on one project at a time. Thanks for sharing.
    Samantha

11. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

I gotta disagree with Sam, Feenix. Not that there's anything wrong with making cover art - God knows we need it! - but I find, in my case at least, that I can whittle away hours playing with images for novels that are half completed at best, when what I really need to do is knuckle down and slog through the story till I get something worth putting a cover on.

Of course, if your story's already finished... ;)

Nah. Got to start the next one already. :p

12. Samantha Fury

I really meant that working on your blog was counted as writing time. No playing with adobe does not count. Trust me I know I
    waste a lot of time doing that, but I do plan on leaving the final part to the cover artist. They do a better job than me.

13. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

My biggest time waster is Spider Solitaire. And Mahjong Tiles. And Minesweeper. :unsure:

14. Samantha Fury

I think I waste/spend a lot of time on images for book covers too. :)

I did finish my third book in the series so that's a start, not for a hard edit..