Best Place For A Book Signing?

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Adambo, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Adambo

Adambo New Member

There are two places near where I live that I will allow me to do a book signing with them. One is the public library, the other is a local grocery store that is eager to take on local authors. I've done two signings at the library, and sold very few books both times. I haven't tried one at the grocery store, but I'm hesitant to try because people generally don't go to a grocery store to buy books. What do you think, should I stick to the library or try the grocery store?

2. Anya Yana

Anya Yana New Member

My advice is get out there as much as you can.
    Go in and offer a copy to your local bookstore as well. Samantha Fury on here said she uses one copy to pass around to the bookstores, so she is not giving away so many and saving money. It's smart.
    Bookstores seem to be the most common place.
    But if you have a small community word can travel fast, and you can gain a loyal readership if they know who you are.

3. Hannah

Hannah New Member

If you've written a Christian book then your church ought to support you by way of a book signing, or at least a mention in their weekly church mag/paper. What about your local newspaper? They are often a good source of support. :) Good luck!

4. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

Go to the grocery store. You'll probably have better luck there than you would at a bookstore. Especially if they are eager to support local authors. Help them make a big deal about it, too.