*Blinks*

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Chautona, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Chautona

Chautona New Member

Obviously, "the Doctor" did not drill into my head that I should NOT BLINK. Or maybe I'm a rebel. Or perhaps the desert sun has finally fried what was left of the neurons that supposedly fire in my brain. Yeah. That must be it.

I'm Chautona. Barb (Hippiechyck)sent me over from Christian Writers. I hadn't been there since I lost the link on my dead laptop and well... life gets busy around Christmas and book finishing times.

Oh, yeah. Chautona. That'd be "Shu-TONE-uh" for those who care. No, it's not "Native American," French, or "Black." Those would be infinitely preferable to "Okie" in my book. Now, I love my Okie heritage as much as the next hick, but well, it's hard to explain to people why a guy from OK, would name his daughter (born in OK) after apartments in Bakersfield, California (OK capital of the other 49 states). Yeah. No, I don't suffer alone. I had brothers Schwinn and Berechyn. Oh, and my sister Vyonie. Hers always seemed utterly normal to me until I tried to read it phonetically. My phonics-driven father threw those rules out the window when it came to names. Ok.

Ugh, my "storytelling" gene takes over with these things. Let me be succinct. I can do it if I set my mind to it.

I am Chautona.
    I am 41 years old
    I am the wife of Kevin (Mayhem)
    I have nine children.
    I have 2 grandchildren and one baking.
    I home educate my children (something I can't WAIT to retire from).
    I live in California's Mojave Desert where the jackrabbits taunt the coyoties and lizards are unfortunately, not sassy-mouthed.

Ok, it was sort of succinct. Glad to meetcha!

2. hippiechyck

hippiechyck New Member

:lol: i love this gal! so glad you hopped over here!

3. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello, and welcome Chautona to AndieAuthers! It is great to meet you!

4. Chautona

Chautona New Member

Thanks! Somehow I missed this. Weird.

And don't let Barb's glowing recommendation fool you... I'm not nearly as weird as I sound.

*removes firmly rooted tongue from cheek*

5. hippiechyck

hippiechyck New Member

*giggle* ;)

6. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Great to meet you! Do you have a nickname. Should we call you Blinks. LOL! Just kidding. I was Jacks Girl over to CW, but I'm Samantha over here but I do answer to either or.

Sam

7. Chautona

Chautona New Member

I'm just "Chautona" but I'll answer to Blinks. My kids will consider me utterly cool. LOL

Samantha Fury likes this.