Christine Saying Hello...

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Christine McIntyre, May 13, 2013.

1. Christine McIntyre

Christine McIntyre New Member

Just popping in to say hello to everyone.

I'm a new Indie author, and though my debut novel was published in late 2011, it feels like it hasn't even been launched yet as it just sits there, seemingly lost in Amazon's slushpile. I realize that may be my fault; promotion, marketing, sales are really not my forte. I've decided it is time to give myself a kick in the ass. I'm hoping this forum will help provide the knowledge and tools I need to keep moving forward.

Like many writers, I'd rather be writing books than marketing them, but alas the nature of the beast is such that ... well, I'm sure you all know.

So here I am, willing to lend a hand, share information and offer my support to other writers like myself.

I'm just getting started with my website/blog, but come visit if you like:

http://www.christinemcintyre.ca/

2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hi Christine, welcome to Indieauthors! You have a very nice website/blog! Great to meet you!

3. buildingv

buildingv New Member

Christine,

I'm starting to realize that the marketing aspect is just as important as writing your novel. I'm a new mom, wife and teacher so trying to balance that with writing and marketing is very difficult. I'm learning as I go along and I'm grateful for that. I checked out your site, I liked your pictures. One of the links didn't work, just wanted to let you know. Check out my Kickstarter project, blog and website when you get a chance. All links should be in my signature at the bottom. Take care!!