Combining Music and Literature

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Kristopher Driver, Jul 10, 2016.

?

Would you be more inclined to read a book if it had its own original soundtrack?

1. Definitely!

100.0%
  2. Maybe, depends on the style and theme.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not really, no.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. What's music got to do with literature?!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kristopher Driver

Kristopher Driver New Member

Hey guys,

I've been writing and recording hip hop as a hobby since Tupac was still alive. It's always been a meditative practice for me, and a really interesting time capsule. I recently finished my first novel and released some original tunes on YouTube (shameless plug at the bottom so as not to distract the post) that coincide with the character and storyline of the novel.

I've been looking around to see if anyone else has done anything similar. I thought it was a really neat device to spread awareness of original music and market a book simultaneously. Are there any other self-published musicians out there that want to share some experiences or stories? I'd also love to hear from you guys if you have indie tracks and a blog or novella or something like that.

If you like any of my songs please show your support by giving it a thumbs up, it goes a long way to help spread the word and I'm new to both the music and writing communities in any 'professional" sense, so any and all feedback is openly welcomed. I create art for myself first, so nothing is out of bounds as far as criticism goes, I can take it ;-)

Ciao!
    Kris

FrontProfile.jpg

2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hi Kris, it is cool! I like to cover too! Be sure to checkout the meet and greets form on the site too!