Coolest Thing Ever- Free Book Trailer!

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Anya Yana, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Anya Yana

Anya Yana New Member

2. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Movie maker is a great thing. But personally I would never use an on line maker, I don't trust google and I think u tube is owned by them or the other way around.

Book trailers are a lot of hard work but yes they can be made for free with movie maker and it comes with most computers. I think you might be able to get it as a down load and that would be fine. But it bothers me when I use something on line. Great tips though other wise. Just beware of google I just don't trust them anymore.. :)

3. Anya Yana

Anya Yana New Member

Wait..
    So, I'm not understanding.
    Movie Maker has what to do with Google?
    I know what you mean about trusting them!
    I posted that insanity about their new privacy policy.
    We still need tons more on the petition.
    But what is the correlation between that and using Movie Maker for a trailer?
    Do you mean using it on YouTube?

I also want to say that I so appreciate all your time and help you give me!!
    I don't watch TV! Right now I'm really working so hard together these books done, and this new web-site.
    It means a lot to me!! Thank you!

4. Anya Yana

Anya Yana New Member

I re-read your post.
    I think I see.
    The movie maker came on my laptop, so I don't need to download anything.

5. Samantha Fury

Right ... u tube is the one that goes with Google. I'm not the best explainer in the world so don't feel bad. Anytime you don't understand
    something just ask again. I know my weakness and getting my point across is one of them. I know what I mean lol but I can't always
    get that over in a conversation.

So yes Movie maker is just fine, I would just beware of sharing anything with google or utube if they help you make it through some kind of program
    I place my videos after they are already there on u tube, but I won't make or build them on u tube.

Jacks
    And you're welcome for the help.

6. Adambo

Adambo New Member

What I don't understand is where the author is finding the free music clips. Yes, they are ROYALTY free, but they still cost money. Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

7. Anya Yana

Anya Yana New Member

Samantha-- I did not know you could make a video right on YouTube?
    Adambo-
    I am not there yet.
    I'm paying for some really quality photos on Dreamstime.
    It's ending up being a little more expensive than I wanted, but I wanted it to really shine.
    I need to go look at somebody else's trailer.
    Do you put that it's a book trailer right on the first screen, or just the name?

In the next day or two I'll be getting to the music.
    It'll be the last thing I do, but I'll let you know.
    I would assume we will have to pay.

8. Samantha Fury

Check CIA sometime pretty sure we have a thread about this, and yes there are some that are free and some that cost.

9. Samantha Fury

Yes utube has video maker now, don't like it though. You can normally use free images for your book trailer just be sure and read the sites rules Most of the free picture sites just give them credit. CIA has a lot of stock photo site links and I know you are a member, free and paid sites..

You can get free music at some places.. I'm not good at knowing that but Tommie knows some places and I think there is links on that back at CIA.

Didn't get this question Do you put that it's a book trailer right on the first screen, or just the name?
    If you mean the photographers names check out my trailer they are at the end..

here is my trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQwdfRaPiXM

I got this music from a guy that now sales tunes.. but I can't get him to answer me of late so not sure what his restrictions are now.

10. Anya Yana

Anya Yana New Member

Do you find there is a distinct quality difference between free and paid photos?
    I'll check CIA!
    Thanks so much!
    My phone is not showing your video, so I'll have to look when I get online.

11. Samantha Fury

Some, it all depends on what you're looking for. To me free pictures are just fine for trailers, there is not as much to pick from of course, but when you find pictures you do like the quality is there. You don't have to have as much perfect size and resolution so that don't matter for trailers. The only pictures I bought in my trailer were the people that are on the cover.

I will and have bought pictures for a $1 now and then for trailers but only because I had already scoured the free sites for a certain look.

Sam keep asking I'll help where I can.