Cs Pro Plan Services Now For Free

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by jonathoncharlap, Jan 18, 2012.

1. jonathoncharlap

jonathoncharlap New Member

According to an email sent to all Create Space members today:

"As a member with Pro Plan, we're emailing to let you know that Pro Plan is being discontinued as of January 18, 2012. We're now offering industry-leading royalties, low costs on copies of your books and improved distribution options to all our members, free of charge.

Here's how you are impacted:

· The availability of your title(s) through our free Standard Distribution channels, including Amazon.com and CreateSpace eStore, will remain unchanged.

· If you purchased Pro Plan for any of your titles, the availability of those titles through Expanded Distribution channels will remain unchanged. You have the option to change enrollment in Expanded Distribution channels at no charge. To make your selections, go to your Project Homepage, click Channels, select your Expanded Distribution channels, and hit Save.

· You'll continue to receive the benefit of improved royalty payouts due to lower unit costs on orders for all your titles.

We value your membership and we're here to help if you have any questions.

CreateSpace
    7290 B. Investment Drive, Charleston, SC 29418
    Copyright © 2000 - 2012, CreateSpace, a DBA of On-Demand Publishing, LLC.

Please note: This is a transactional message regarding your account. Your subscription preferences will continue to be honored for all future commercial e-mails from CreateSpace."

2. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

Yep. Still gotta pay $25 for the premium distribution, but at least the royalties are better now for regular books. It means I can lower the prices on some of my stuff and maybe stimulate some sales. Not sure I really want to pay $25 so I can earn $.57 on a book, though.

3. ShawnLamb

ShawnLamb New Member

Michael, I have the Pro Plan and I earn more than .57 cents on a my books. In fact, I earn more than .57 cents on my traditionally published book. Amazon maybe trying to combat iBook, the new publishing platform from Apple.

4. Breynolds2012

Breynolds2012 New Member

The major advantage of enrolling in Pro Plan is that you get to take advantage of the Expanded Distribution Channels. Royalties do go up a bit more for titles whether they are enrolled in the Pro Plan or not for book purchases through Amazon and Createspace, but you you still see small royalties through the Expanded Distribution Channels if you keep your book prices low. My book Seven Years Until Eternity: The Rise of the Antichrist is enrolled in the Pro Plan and retails for 12.99. I get 3.18 from Amazon sales, 5.78 from Createspace and .58 from Expanded Distribution sales. A book that I have that is not in the Pro Plan, The Ten Greatest Prayers of the Bible, retails for 8.99 and I get 2.67 from Amazon and 4.47 from Createspace.

5. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

I stand corrected. On the Pro Plan, I earned .95 cents per book through the expanded distribution. Of course, I received more when I sold them through the CS store or through Amazon (and now my non-PP titles will earn that as well as my former PP titles). Still, $25 to earn 95 cents? I'd have to sell a lot more books to make that cost effective for me.

I might consider trying one of my titles on it, but I doubt it's going to make much difference in my bottom line, aside from reducing it a bit.

6. ShawnLamb

ShawnLamb New Member

Yes, the expanded distribution does eat into royalties, but that also includes Amazon UK, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain. So if my books become known in other countries, I'll accept a lesser payment. Of course, 95 cents is better than giving them away and earning nothing. :)