Does Anyone Do Nano?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by hippiechyck, Jan 11, 2012.

1. hippiechyck

hippiechyck New Member

or am i the only insane one?

i've participated 4 years, and got my 50K twice

2. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

Hiya Hippiechyck!

I've done NaNo three times, and only this last time did I finally break the glass ceiling of 50K words. But, two of my books I started are for sale now, and the third one will be submitted as a sequel to my being-traditionally-published (gotta think of a better word for that) forthcoming novel, The Lost Scrolls.

Currently, I'm striving to hit 10K words per week every week this year. NaNo has certainly upped my word count!

3. Tiffany

Tiffany New Member

I have done NaNo since '09 and this year I was co-ML for Christchurch. I did reach 50,000 two years, but only finished a rough draft the first year. That draft is about to become my first published novel.

I really love that time of year as insane as it is. :wacko: :D

Tiffany

4. PaulineCreeden

PaulineCreeden New Member

Hi HC-

I just finished my first Nano last Nov, 2011. I found that the deadline was exactly what I needed to finish my first novel! I did the 50K in 16 days (nothing compared to JacksGirl) then went on to complet the novel (79K) before the end of the month. I did 3 revisions on the novel since, and got so sick of it I nearly deleted the whole thing during my 4th re-write. But I sent it to few beta readers and they yelled at me to not do it. So I've set it aside for a while before I pick it up to start the 4th over.

Otherwise, I have every intention of doing the summer "camp nano" and doing it to myself again in November! :)

5. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

Wait, there's a NaNo summer camp? Do we get to do canoeing or kayaking and stuff? :rolleyes: