Family Tv Shows

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jedi79, Oct 26, 2012.

1. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

I am looking for a new TV show to watch with my sixteen year old daughter. It seems hard to find a good family friendly show, without a lot of violence or just being foul. Right now we watch Psych, Merlin, and Once upon a time. Anyone have any recommendations?

2. sherrijots

sherrijots New Member

We don't have cable or satellite so we rent or stream from Netflix. We're always a few seasons behind on a lot of shows because of that. We recently started watching Grimm, loosely based on the Brothers Grimm fairytales. I like the show alright. The main character is living with his girlfriend however. I honestly don't know what Hollywood has against marriage. The couple on the show are committed to each other, act like they're married. So why can't they just be married??? Anyway, if you like fantasy, you might like it. The first few episodes are kind of cheesy, but after that the writers improved on the content of the episodes.

3. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

I have not seen that one. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the recommendation.

sherrijots likes this.
  4. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I like Monk. It's on netflix. I don't like Grimm those folks are UGLY..I've only seen the commercials. What about Lost I have no clue but I know Dad is watching it.

Also have you ever tried myth busters. I just love that show. After you watch about five you are hooked.

I think even kids would love it. They blow up stuff and see if something in a move could really happen.

5. sherrijots

sherrijots New Member

The characters on Grimm are ugly and their names are all German and hard to pronounce. I think their graphic artist needs to get some diversity in the monster category, they all look about the same, except for their hard to pronounce German names. :lol: Lost was good up until the last season. I didn't like how they resolved all of the unanswered questions. They promised answers but didn't deliver. Of course, the show was highly existentialist and existentialists don't believe any questions can really ever be answered. So that might explain the way they ended the show.

Samantha Fury likes this.
  6. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

We just started watching Lost. Well, about 5 episodes in now. It is pretty good, not to violent or anything like that. It is interesting and I think we are pretty much hooked on it.

7. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

My dad got hooked on it too. I think he finally watched it. They just added some new Myth busters so we're watching those.