Free Ebook - All Or Nun: Memoir Of A Black Catholic Growing Up

Discussion in 'Plugs, Promotion, & Success Stories' started by handerse, Sep 16, 2012.

1. handerse

handerse New Member

All or Nun: Memoir of a Black Catholic Growing Up - Free on Amazon Sept 16 & 17, 2012!

Hyacinth wants nothing more than to become a nun but life keeps interfering with her dream. First, puberty strikes and brings with it a set of big, brown B-cups. Second, a cute boy moves to the neighborhood and stirs her hormone pot. And third, her father dies. What is a good Catholic girl to do under these circumstances?

All or Nun: Memoir of a Black Catholic Growing Up is a funny and frank account of what it was like for the author to grow up Catholic in the 1970’s and 1980’s while attending parochial schools in Mississippi.

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B008ROJIRC

Review

4.0 out of 5 stars All or Nun August 7, 2012
    By carolyn
    Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase

Hyacinth Anderson's second Kindle book is an excellent work, and in my opinion, is a page turner. The writer describes why she liked the idea of becoming a nun and brings us along with her as she goes through puberty in grade school, navigates through high school, interacts with boys (including a very close friend), and experiences significant family events. Throughout the years, the writer shares how Catholic schools and the Church influence her thoughts. The writing is very descriptive and the life events recounted in this memmoir should keep the interest of most, or even all, readers. By the way, there is no excess of piety or moralizing, despite the title.

Samantha Fury likes this.
  2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Congratulations on your book! I just downloaded it to my kindle! Thank you!

3. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Hey I'll grab it too. Thanks!!

4. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for letting us know about this. Congrats on your new book! :)

Samantha Fury likes this.