Free Ebook: Miss Rena And Me

Discussion in 'Plugs, Promotion, & Success Stories' started by handerse, Aug 15, 2012.

1. handerse

handerse New Member

I have an ebook entitled, MIss Rena and Me, that is available on Amazon for the next 4 days (August 15-18, 2012) if anyone is interested in reading it.

http://www.amazon.co...iss rena and me

4.0 out of 5 stars Miss Rena and Me - A Quick, Worthwhile Read August 2, 2012
    By marib
    Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase

This short, sweet memoir is told, initially, through the voice and lens of six year old Hyacinth. She begins by telling us how her first meeting with eighty-five year old Miss Rena, who lives alone, came about. Then she recounts some of the activities they shared as she continues to visit Miss Rena, many of which are foreign experiences for her. As the story develops we learn of the kindness and wisdom of Miss Rena, why the relationship was important to both of them, and how a child reacts to the loss of an important relationship. The story ends with Hyacinth, now a mother, applying the most important lesson she learned from Miss Rena to help her daughter and her daughter's friend.

3.0 out of 5 stars From the Eyes of a Child August 3, 2012
    By carolyn
    Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase

This is a rather unusual literary work as it relates some of daily experiences of the writer in the voice of a six year old girl. Miss Rena and Me illustrates how significant it can be when one is well received - accepted naturally and warmly by a person not in the family. This is a valued state of affairs for both the writer and her elderly neighbor. The fact that later, the teenage girl, despite a separation of some years, retains love and respect for her former neighbor and friend speaks well for the character and personality of both. This is a lovely, short read.

2. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I got it. Hey I'm always hammering people to get an Avatar. I just hate those blank faces.

You should edit your post and add a blurb and a review if you have one.

Samantha Fury
    Author of the Street Justice Series

3. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

I will check it out! Thank you for the free download of your book!

4. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

Awesome! :) Thanks for letting us know!