Greetings, Earthlings

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Johne_Cook, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Johne_Cook

Johne_Cook New Member

The Overlords acknowledge your existence. As befits our great benevolence, we shall spare your puny planet.

For now. Bwahahahaha!*

* Translation: Hi, I'm Johne, John with a silent vanity 'e'. I'm a technical writer by day for a medical devices company and editor and author by night. I've been a proofreader at Deep Magic magazine, an Associate Editor at The Sword Review, Managing Editor at Dragons, Knights, and Angels magazine, and, in 2006, founder of Ray Gun Revival magazine, which I still run. I've written a number of short stories and one novel, and am 3/4s of the way through my first draft of a swashbuckling adventure space opera called The Adventures of the Sky Pirate. I share blogging duties at the AuthorCulture blog with a number of names you know.

2. mosher_lynn@yahoo.com

Overlord Johne! Glad to see you here, too! :D

3. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

Oh great Overlord! We are so honored to have your beneficient presence among us! How maganimous you are to have condescended so. Truly, we are blinded by your greatness.

*bow, scrape, bow, bow, scrape*

TRANSLATION: Hey, Johne! Welcome. How've you been?

4. Johne_Cook

Johne_Cook New Member

I'm actually writing again. I wrote a short story (translation, 7500 words) for an upcoming print anthology, and then completely rewrote it when I realized what I'd written wasn't exactly what the antho was all about. And I'm now slogging through a sequel to The Reconstructed Man called The Reassembled Man. I posted a poll about it yesterday on FB asking a touchy question:

fwiw, all the writing is going faster now that I've made friends with Scrivener. It's really amazing software, and it's made my peculiar writing style much easier.

5. EBraten

EBraten New Member

:D

About your poll: five years? Unless the "widow" remarried super fast, that wouldn't leave a lot of time for the children to grow up with the new dad. I could see him wanting to check up on them to see how they're doing. He would intervene if they're in trouble, but let them be if they were happy.

Very nice to see you here. The population of overlords needed boosting.

6. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

Greetings oh exalted one.

JH

7. RebeccaPMinor

RebeccaPMinor New Member

Hey stranger! Good to see you here. I hope life has been treating you well, and I'm looking forward to hearing your always-insightful input into the goings-on here

8. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome, Johne! It's great to have you here! :)

9. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello and welcome Johne! It is great to meet you!