Hello Fellow Writers - Next Book Will Be Without A Publisher

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Shirl, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi everyone, I am thrilled to have found this website.

I am a nurse full time in the motion picture industry, but my love is writing children's books. I have a book that was published through Tate Publishing called Watching Over Everything, that came out beautiful. They have incredible illustrators and I am happy with the end result. But.....as far as marketing goes, it's not going anywhere. I don't see why a Publisher puts out thousands of dollars to print a book then they don't promote it.

A friend of mine wrote a children's book and within one month we were able to download pictures from public domain and also bought a few and took a few pictures ourselves, printed it ourselves on a inkjet printer, then had it glue binded at Staples for a total of 4.00 per book (8 1/2 by 11). It looked beautiful and very professional. We promoted it at church and through friends and SOLD OUT!! It only took a couple days to have it glue binded. So you can make to order instead of having piles of books in your house.

My next book will be done this way. Anybody else have any suggestions?

Looking forward to your response and suggestions.

Shirley

2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello and welcome Shirley! It is great to have you here!

3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi jedi79, I like your pic, I did the movie Sidekicks with Chuck Norris. He is really a awesome person.