Hello...from Kidatheart6575

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by KidatHeart6575, Apr 8, 2013.

1. KidatHeart6575

KidatHeart6575 New Member

Good afternoon and greetings!

My site name (as on the topic) is KidatHeart6575; called so because I write and illustrate children's books and I like children's materials in general, whether they are books, records (vinyl), animation and even toys.

My lifelong ambition is to establish myself through the books I have created and branch out to produce a line of children's records and eventually animation, practically in the style that I have listened to and watched when I myself was a kid. (Very ambitious, I know, but everyone has their dreams, and this has been mine since I was 8.)

My basic problem (among other things) is that although I consider myself to be talented in several aspects, my sense of salesmanship is sorely lacking. Case in point: I have a book that I've been trying to sell for almost 3 years. Most of my efforts have proven to be unfruitful.

So I guess that's why I'm here....for support and ideas (and I'm sure to throw some to you as well!).

Sorry for my being long-winded. :)

2. davidbergsland

davidbergsland New Member

have you got it in Amazon: print & ebook, yet? That's probably the first step.

3. KidatHeart6575

I've just "posted" the book through CreateSpace; it is currently available there. It will be available at Amazon in at least 5-7 business days.

4. davidbergsland

That's a good start. You can post the PDF at Lulu and Scribd. Will it work as a Kindle book?

5. KidatHeart6575

Well, that's the thing....it's a coloring book.

6. davidbergsland

They could still do a downloadable PDF and print the pages they want to color.

7. KidatHeart6575

That's true. Though I don't have the slightest idea how to sell a downloadable item...much less put out a downloadable item.

I'm hopelessly old school it's not even funny.

8. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello, and welcome to Indieauthors KidatHeart6575! It is great to meet you, and have you here!