Hi from Australian Fiction Writer

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Donna Munro, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Donna Munro

Donna Munro New Member

I'm Donna Munro a freelance writer (still holding down a full-time job) who's decided to self publish. After six manuscripts and no firm offer from traditional publishers it's time to go it alone. I've been published in magazines, publications and online, but it's not the same as a book (is it?). I'm lucky to have worked at a small publishing company and therefore have the knowledge to self-publish, but it's still daunting. I'm at final edit stage and have typeset the book myself (saving lots). I did find a great book cover designer on Fiverr (though I'm a graphic artist I just wasn't happy with my own designs. Perhaps too close to it). I've gone to Lightning Source as my printer distributor and all seems to be going okay with that. I'd like to know if anyone else has used them. Is the uploading difficult? I've been through the manuals and was hoping someone had some unique tips to get it perfect for download. I've also worked as a book marketer so I'm hoping that will help me but things change quickly and I'm open to any advice (or to give any). I'm looking forward to networking with you all and supporting all our dreams of professional publication.

2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello, welcome to Indieauthors Donna! It is great to meet you, and have you here!