Hi From Picayune :)

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by ginaburgess, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ginaburgess

ginaburgess New Member

Just joined this group. I have a book published last March from Westbow Press: Refreshment in Refuge.

I also have a group on LinkedIn called Christian Authors, Editors, Publishers and Bloggers. If you'd like to join, we'd love to see you there.

Here's my short Bio...

Gina Burgess studied journalism in college then raised two beautiful daughters. She sold everything from yellow page advertising to cemetery property. Then she went back to college and graduated in 2005 (it is never too late children). She has been the Lifestyles Editor at the Picayune Item newspaper in her home town of Picayune, Mississippi. and an editor for several publications.
    She is a weekly columnist at Studylight.org. Each column comes out on Sundays. Check them out at Studylight.org
    Gina has extensive experience in grant writing and community development, completing the Basic Economic Development course at Georgia Tech in Atlanta, GA, and the Community Development course at University of Central Arkansas in Conway, AR.
    She has taught Sunday School and Discipleship Training for almost three decades. (Don't tell her that makes her old.) This is her first love, using her God-given talent to shine a light in a dark world. You can visit her blog at Refreshment In Refuge. She writes a weekly column for Studylight.org, and an occasional column for Blogger News Network. She is committed to bringing God glory with her writing. Gina is a book reviewer for several publishers, a member of Christian Fiction Blog Alliance, and you can read some of her book reviews before the books hit the book store shelves, check out Gina's book reviews at Upon Reflection .

I'll be looking for you on the boards :)

Engraved in His palm,
    Gina

PS--We are looking for weekly columnists for LiveAsIf.org If you'd like to apply, then send me the address of your blog at glburgess at gmail dot com.

DoveQuiller likes this.
  2. DoveQuiller

DoveQuiller New Member

Nice to meet you Gina! Will check out your links!

3. ginaburgess

ginaburgess New Member

Wow! Look how small that typeface is... Looks like I've got to learn how to post here, toot :D Ah...well...

Thank you DoveQuiller. What a lovely name!

4. Traci B

Traci B New Member

Hi, Gina! Is that Picayune, MS? I'm on the Coast. :)

5. ginaburgess

ginaburgess New Member

Yes, Traci, it is! Where on the coast? Maybe we can meet for coffee one day soon!

6. mosher_lynn@yahoo.com

Hey, Gina! So glad to see you here! Yay! :D

7. ginaburgess

ginaburgess New Member

Snoopy doing the happy dance! I love it.

I was glad to see you, too! I think it is just wonderful to get on the ground floor so to speak in a forum like this. You don't have so much catching up to do! And I'm so hoping we can help each other become huge successes.

Engraved in His palm,
    Gina

8. Traci B

Traci B New Member

I'm in Long Beach. I'd enjoy meeting for coffee. :)

9. ginaburgess

ginaburgess New Member

That is so cool :) It is rare I meet someone online that I can actually get in the car and go see.

10. Traci B

Traci B New Member

I know what you mean. Until NaNoWriMo last November, I hadn't met anyone offline that I knew from online. :)

11. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome, Gina! It's great to have you here! :)

If you'd like, please feel free to add your links and books in over in the directory for a little free publicity.

12. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello and welcome Gina! It is great to have you here!