Hi! I'M New Here And Established With Writing. ..

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by momofemmett, Jan 10, 2012.

1. momofemmett

momofemmett New Member

Well, I've been writing romance novels for more years than I care to think about.

I wrote them because the stories are in my head wanting to be put down on paper. My family and some friends have read some of my books and encouraged me to get them out there. Well, they don't know what it's like to "get them out there".

Rejections are nothing. Every writer gets them. Without sufficient funds to continue getting rejections, back when you had to send the whole manuscript, double spaced, to the publishers, I just couldn't keep doing it.

Many years later, I found an agent who was extatic about representing me. I sent 3 of my manuscripts, paper and CD, and waited. I'd contact him and get a reply saying "we're sending them to . . ." and he wouldlist a lot of publishers I've heard of. Six years later, still the same story. It couldn't be that my books aren't marketable...could it?

Turning the clock forward. In 2010, one of my daughters was doing some research. Bless her heart, she had more confidence than I did. Or is it I just hate researching? Anyway, sshe told me about a self-publishing program and walked me thought it. After getting my first 4 novellas published, I sent a letter to my agent and let him know his services, or lack thereof, were no longer required. He sent back my manuscripts and CDs. End of that story.

Today I have 15 novels and novellas published and on Amazon.com. That's as far as I have gotten. Recently I joined a yahoo group and am learning how and where to market my books. Maybe 2012 will allow me to see a change!

I have helped several woman I've met get their books published, and they are continuing to write more. I especially want to help young people who love writing. I feel if I had the technology 44 years ago that is available today, things would be so much different for me, so I want to offer that for aspiring young writers!

Thanks for having me, and I wish 2012 to be the best for everyone!

Jan
    http://jancarolromancenovels.weebly.com

2. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome, Jan! It's great to have you here! :)

3. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello and welcome Jan!

4. momofemmett

momofemmett New Member

Thanks to both of you!