Hi! Just Staying Out Of Trouble....

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Tim, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Tim

Tim New Member

I'm still new to writing, but even I've seen how Indie publishing is a relief zone from the CBA's starched requirements. I sent my first short story out to Mind Flights the other day and have a poem ready for Fear and Trembling, hoping to work my way into a novel. We'll see how it goes.

I'm at technical high school looking to earn a certificate in network programing so I'll have a better chance of working my way through college. Student loans? Fuh-get-about-it. Kids at my school keep saying to just get a loan because skipping out on it after wards isn't a big deal. Then they get mad and call me stupid when I say, 'Nope.' Lol! Same thing when I bought my motorcycle. I ride a black Ninja 500. It's a cool looking bike and all kinds of people were asking how I got it, and I was like, "Duh, I got a job and paid for it." Then I was 'stupid' again. Lol! I told them to enjoy walking.

That guy in the avatar isn't me, BTW. That's my brother Matt. He's an A/C tech and bought and rebuilt a boat last year. He likes to fish on the Gulf of Mexico. I like my bro.' I'll have to talk him into getting a motorcycle.

look forward to getting to know you.

thebiblestop likes this.
  2. RebeccaPMinor

RebeccaPMinor New Member

Welcome, Tim. Sounds lie you have a solid grip on how to proceed through life like a responsible, dependable individual, and that's a rare find. Hang onto those convictions! They're awesome.

See you around the boards!
    Becky

thebiblestop likes this.
  3. Tim

Tim New Member

Thanks, Becky!

4. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello and welcome Tim! Great to meet you!

5. Tim

Tim New Member

Hey, Jedi...whud up?

Hey, saw this and reminded me off a sad run-in I had with some snarky old yenta on another site.

"Personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who YOU are..." I thought it was funny.

6. Wordsculptor

Wordsculptor New Member

Choice between a light sabre and a wet fish......gimme the fish any time............I think I might like your bro too. Being from the same stable as you it's probably certain.

7. DRTharp

DRTharp New Member

Hey, I finally decided that self publishing was my only alternative because two of my unpublished manuscripts would be outright burned in a CBA book house. They are gritty war novels set with heavy spriritual content. Where am I supposed to go ? Secular publishers would say its too religious and CBA would begin a prayer chain for me. But for the mean time, I'm releasing episodes in my Action Adventure /Military fiction series. Welcome ! You say you are in high school ?

8. miloark

miloark New Member

Wow, can I actually post again?

9. Tim

Tim New Member

Ha! There it is! Finally back in here!