How To Marketing?

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by peteropend, Sep 4, 2013.

1. peteropend

peteropend New Member

hey guys! i have a question
    have you advertise your books?
    i mean what kind of marketing do you use?
    sometimes i use forum marketing
    mix-marketing . net
    here is a good advices for marketing
    which one do you use?

2. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I let one book market the next, the more books we have out there the more readers we can catch. If you are a one book wonder for now, stop worrying about marketing and get but in chair lol and write you about three more novels and then start marketing. Trust me
    it will be a lot easier to market then.

Nothing markets a book better than that little thing that pops up that says the person that bought this book bought this one too.

Samantha Fury
    Fury Cover Design
    Author of the Street Justice Series

3. ajattard

ajattard New Member

Samantha, I am so glad to hear this! I have two novels currently available and am really struggling with the marketing. I love the writing but find the marketing and promoting to be a challenge. It's good to know the best thing I can do is actually write! I feel much better and inspired now! Thank you! :)

katycatts likes this.
  4. Samantha Fury

You're more than welcome. When you get four or five books out then you might want to start blogging about your work. I do some free marketing but that's about it for now and I have four books out and I sale about 25 books a month out of those four. :)

Writing to me is the best thing you can do to find more readers.

ajattard likes this.
  5. ajattard

ajattard New Member

Thank you! I really appreciate the help and encouragement! :)

Samantha Fury likes this.
  6. ajattard

ajattard New Member

Hi Samantha!

I have another question for you-do you think it's worth it to do the Kdp Select? I have my books enrolled now but have not seen any jump in sales or anything. What are your thoughts on it? Thank you so much! I really appreciate your time! :)

7. Samantha Fury

Sure I'd like to help can you answer a few questions.

What Genre is your book?
    Did you do any free days yet, and if so how many books dud you give away during that time.
    If you didn't give away many it could be because of the genre or because you didn't get enough advertising out that your books were going free.

There have been some changes since I did my free days on Maid for Martin which is Clean Romance, I can't really explain those changes because I don't really understand them, but I've heard others say that free days are just not what they used to be. Also a part of that is because Indie Authors have just about broken the word Free. LOL!

That said when I did my KDP I gave away over 9000 copies of Maid for Martin in three days. That give me a boos in the rankings. I got up to 16 an Romance and about 45 something in all books on Amazon during those days.

The month after that I got 350.00 in sales. Now since that I have gotten a smattering of sales, but it did boost the sales of my other books.

Would I do it again, yes but not with every book and just now and then to boost sales of the other books that are not going free.

Samantha

8. ajattard

ajattard New Member

Hi Samantha!

My genre is mystery or romantic mystery. I did one set of free days probably three months ago and sold 168 books, with only a short burst in sales for my other books. I am either just really missing the boat here or my writing is not what I hope it is! :) I really appreciate the help! Thank you so much!

9. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

ajattard, I really think the best thing you can do right now is write another book. Publishing is a long game, and the more product you have to sell, the more success you'll have. I've got eleven books finished, and only ten available (number 11 is hung up in a trad publisher, and there's some sort of problem getting it out. The answers aren't coming quickly nor clearly. Bit frustrating, actually. Grr!). Of those ten, one is trad pub, and I can't do a heck of a lot with it. Another is Permafree, which is a solid marketing strategy (there are five books in that series, actually), but again, that means I can only draw income from eight novels. These are the ones I get to promote.

I do recommend sticking with Amazon, gathering reviews and starting a newsletter while you work on your next projects. Try to turn out at least four books a year. Make sure they're the best you can produce (peer reviewed) with good covers.

Once you've got several under your belt, then consider going with KDP and promote wisely. Don't use all your free days in one shot. Stagger your books out there so that you can build momentum for all of them.

Once your books start selling consistently, then move on to Smashwords or Direct to Digital or what have you. Once you sell elsewhere, KDP is no longer an option (and getting them taken down so you can run a KDP promotion is no fun.).

Hope this helps!

10. ajattard

ajattard New Member

Hi Michael,

I apologize for it taking so long to reply. I really appreciate the help. I especially like that the best marketing is writing because that is the part I like best of course! I will polish up the books I have out and get the rough drafts I have stewing out and get moving a bit more. Four books a year would be great if I could pull that off. I really appreciate the help and guidance, and I have been wondering about Smashwords too so you answered a question before I asked it, thank you! Congratulations on your books and I look forward to reading them. Thank you again for the help!

11. buildingv

buildingv New Member

Hello,

I'm pretty much on every social media site ie. google+, twitter, facebook, about.me, tumblr and more. Creating bio's and web pages allow you to interact with others, plus advertise your business and book. Also, try joining some other forums such as: Goodreads, LibraryThing and Nathan Bransford.

12. buildingv

buildingv New Member

13. Kara Anderson

Kara Anderson New Member

Hi,

My name is Kara and I work for a free book marketing tool called Linkredirector. I am hoping that you could help me out with some feedback to make sure it's a good fit for authors, book promoters and publishers.

The service aims to solve the problem with linking to books, when they are in multiple stores (like Amazon and iTunes), or spread over multiple countries. Amazon has many country sites, and when only linking to the US store, there's a good chance that non-US readers won't buy the book.

If you could take 2 minutes, enter the URL of one of your books in Amazon or iTunes and click around a bit to get a feel of how the tool works. Your feedback would be very valuable to me.

Any thoughts, questions, comments or ideas are welcome.

You can find the service at https://linkredirector.com

Thanks!

Kara