I'm Picking Out A New Cover.

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Samantha Fury, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I'm giving my Street Justice Series a Face lift these are some of my choices. Hey I've a change of plans as there are at times. I found a new image and I'll share it with you guys. Thanks for all of the great help with the voting. [​IMG]

2. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

I voted for #1 but I do think the fonts need to be bolder. Perhaps sans serif. And the title at the bottom should be a little bigger, too.

3. Samantha Fury

Thanks much for the font tip. I'm not great with what font to use. I'm not sure why I made the ones at the bottom so small. Just wasn't paying attention. I do notice after looking through about 60 pages or more of authors on amazon that the well known authors promote their name. I like that idea and more than likely will stick with my name at the top.

Sam

4. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

I voted for none of them. I guess when I think of the cover for this book, and I have no idea what it is about, I see a night time scene with a light street in a large city. The street is mostly vacant except for maybe a cab or a cop car in the distance. The shot is slightly off to the left of the street near the curb and a corner with a street sign post perhaps a light on it. Standing under this streetlight/sign/post is a couple in an embrace. From the lighting, we see more a silhouette than actual details. Across the bottom is says "Samantha Fury" and across the top in two lines it says "Street Justice" "Book 1 : Charlie's Angel" The text on top, in an off yellow with perhaps an orange shadow to offset but mesh with the night street scene.

At least that is what I think of. Now, to go to a city and take a picture :)

JH

Samantha Fury likes this.
  5. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

I voted for #3. :)

6. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

I voted for cover three. I like the split cover, and the images. I also like number one, that would be my second pick.

7. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

BTW, I hope you don't think I was mean or something. I was just telling you how I saw it. If you thought I was being mean or hurt, I apologize. :(

JH

8. Samantha Fury

This is my first novel cover. It's almost what you said Jesterhawk, but no one liked it. I want to get the romance audience so that's why the couple in the embrace and the cute guy. If I didn't care about sales I would go with this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Samantha Fury

I made that image myself. The background is really Chicago an Image I took. The guy on the bike was splitting lanes out in California, and the buildings is Philly.

I put them all together and give it a painted on look.

I still like it.

10. Samantha Fury

Thanks to everyone that voted. :) It will be a couple of months until I make up my mind and pay for something but I'll let you know.

Sam

11. Y I Lee

Y I Lee New Member

I voted for #1. To me it looked stronger and classier than the others. Just my humble opinion. :)

12. Samantha Fury

Hey I really hate to change horses in mid stream on you guys. But I've picked out my covers, and though they do need a bit more work, and I need to buy the images I'm 95 percent this is the way I'm going. Thanks for all of the help. Suggestions are welcome of course.

[​IMG]