Introducing Paula Liebe

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Paula Liebe, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Paula Liebe

Paula Liebe New Member

Hello!

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Paula Liebe, originally from Holland but since 2000 living in Mexico. Recently I've published The Queen's Trilogy, memoirs of a Lightworker, and now I'm in the phase of marketing my books and get them to a bigger audience. I'm sure that this forum will connect me with many Indie Authors out there.

Attached Files:

2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hi Paula, and welcome to Indieauthors! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

3. Paula Liebe

Paula Liebe New Member

Thank you for welcoming me! You are the first to acknowledge my first steps into the world of Goodreads. I appreciate and am grateful for that gesture. My new website just got airborne a few days ago. www.paulaliebe.com. Would love your comments.

4. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Welcome to the forum, there are lots of members here. I will say that you are not going to get a grand welcome from a lot of Christian Americans for your book cover. I'm sure that a lot of other countries would not say anything but most women I know would not like your naked woman. I don't mean to be offensive, but it's going to come off as erotica or something not family oriented. I must say I'm really surprised that Amazon allowed it.

It would stop me from going back to your web site, and many others too I'm sure. Again, no offense here, this is a business and I'm giving you the best advise that I can. I would change the cover, or at the least have someone air brush some clothing on the young woman.

Other than the cover the site looks great. There are many cover artist on this site, and feel free to check out my pre made covers. I know it may sound like I'm just trying to sale you a cover, but I am not. Your cover is and will be offensive to the Christian market and you don't want to offend such a large buying market.

Thanks again for joining, and again there could be just some light touch up on her person to cover the most offensive areas.

Samantha Fury
    Christian Author of the Street Justice Series
    Published since 2009

www.samanthafury.com
    www.samanthalovern.com
    www.furycoverdesign.com

5. Paula Liebe

Paula Liebe New Member

Dear Samanthat,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my introduction.

And thank you for the compliment, but that young woman is me. I was forty years old at the time that picture was taken.

I was born and raised in Holland and indeed we Europeans are a little more relaxed concerning nudity.

I always find it fascinating to read that specifically American Christians feel offended by nudity. I try to understand why...

Your comments on my cover confirms the reaction I want to achieve with that specific nude image. Why? If you don't like the cover, you certainly won't like the content. In this way I won't mislead any readers.

There's a lot of symbolism in the cover:

That specific pose I have placed myself in is an advanced yoga pose that takes daily practice to perfect in that manner.
    I'm balancing on the rim of a cocktail glass; that spiritual practice withholding me from falling into a pool of alcohol and drug addiction.
    I'm posing nude because I tell the naked truth, sometimes raw and unpleasant, but such is life. What's raw? Childhood sexual abuse, subsequent addictions and prostitution. I'm a graphic storyteller, so yes there's a substantial amount of erotica.

But the story has a happy end. She becomes a success in everything she does (cause she's very intelligent) and she marries her childhood sweetheart and they live happily ever after.

Although I'm one of Jesus' biggest fans, I speak critically concerning certain passages in the Bible, and I don't think Christians will appreciate that. And I tear the Adam and Eve story to shreds, and in the Epilogue I have a personal chat with God. So, I think it's best I keep this specific cover, which distributors have called 'nudity done in good taste', in order for Christians to stay clear from my book. They are not my audience.

Again, thank you very much for your input. You've proved my point.

In Love and Light,

Paula Liebe

sj tyson likes this.
  6. Samantha Fury

Hey that's fine, we all have different paths. I just wanted you to understand. Yes to us Nudity is to be kept in a private , not put out there for the world to see.
    Nudity and Sex was given as a gift to married partners, and to us when you show your body to everyone it's insulting. It's showing what God gave you in private and your flaunting it to the whole open world.

It's the same with Sex, Christians see sex as a gift for married couples, so when you sleep with just anyone and everyone you are thumbing your nose at God and not appreciating the gift in it's rightful place.

I know you might not agree and I'm not meaning to argue but try to explain.

If I give you a special gift, the beauty of your body so to say, and you share it with just anyone and everyone you have degraded the gift, you have shown me through your actions that you don't appreciate my gift. Maybe that will explain at least my viewpoint.

Sam

7. Samantha Fury

Also, congrats on having a happy ending. I'm also glad you're a Jesus fan, he's more forgiving than most of us mortals.

8. Paula Liebe

Paula Liebe New Member

Yes, indeed Jesus rocks! He's the most kind and forgiving inspiration we should all learn from. It's sad to see how judgmental and unforgiving people can be.

I understand your viewpoint about the beauty of the body, although I don't completely share that same viewpoint.

I have traveled the world for many years and have cultivated a deep interest for many other religions and spiritual belief systems that view nudity and the beauty of the body in a different way than the Christian religion.

That's perfectly alright.

The most important thing is that we are kindhearted, thoughtful and generous people, no matter what belief system we follow.

Samantha Fury likes this.
  9. Samantha Fury

Amen to that !!! I try to be Christ like as much as I can though I know I fail more than I should. It's great to have you on board, feel free to check out the site and invite other Indies to join us here.

Samantha Fury