Introduction

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Lacole, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Lacole

Lacole New Member

Hi there!

I just joined thanks to the recommendation by Samantha Fury! :) I am an aspiring writer who has decided to self-publish my work. My main reason is so I can connect with my audience as I know it's difficult if you go into traditional publishing. My interest in writing began when I was in elementary school and I've been doing it ever since. I started off writing poems and short stories and became interested in writing novels in high school. I finished my first rough draft of a story in 2010 and am now editing it to publish it in December. (Hopefully!)

I read mostly YA with exceptions to other stories if the storyline is good. Since this is the age group I read, my stories will mostly be targeted towards the same audience. I enjoy paranormal with a hint of romance.

I signed up to this site hoping to learn the ins and outs of self-publishing and to pass on the knowledge to other writers. Right now, I'm looking to make a book trailer and am in search of images.

It is always nice to connect with other writers, I don't personally know anyone who has this high of interest in writing as myself so you gotta love the internet!

2. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

Welcome!

JH

3. Traci B

Traci B New Member

Welcome!

4. sherrijots

sherrijots New Member

Hi Lacole! The Internet is the only way I have to connect with other writers. I live in a small town. I write scifi/fantasy and the folks in my little sphere have zero interest in that. So yes, it's nice to converse with folks who "get it". :rolleyes:

5. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello and welcome to IndieAuthors Lacole! It is great to have you here, and meet you!

6. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Glad you came over, this place is still growing but we have lots of threads up and I'm working on more to help this forum become one of the best resource out there for the Indie Author. Facebook is good, but there is nothing like a forum when it comes for a base of information. :)

Thanks for joining us!

Samantha

authorsherrismith likes this.