Kdp Select...

Discussion in 'Plugs, Promotion, & Success Stories' started by Lynnette Bonner, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Lynnette Bonner

Lynnette Bonner New Member

Has anyone done any promotions with this recently? (As in over the last month?) I know when it first arrived on the scene many who used it were very successful. But I've also heard that recently promotions by giving away free books haven't been quite so successful.

I'm scheduled to have my first book go free on the 22 & 23 of next week, and wondered what I should be doing ahead of time to make the most of it.

I've already submitted my book to almost every site on this list: http://katrinaparkerwilliams.wordpress.com/2012/07/30/kdp-select-free-days-promo-sites/

And I have another list printed out of Christian specific sites to promote to - since my novel is Christian historical romance.

Is there anything else I should be doing?

Lynnette

2. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

That's a long list you've been a busy girl. I don't know much about kdp first hand, but I would also add just tweeting about it. And of course if you blog about it we'll but it in the Indie Daily paper. Be sure and let us know how it goes, and can it really be August already.

Samantha

3. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

Hi Lynnette! That's an amazing list - I'm gonna steal it completely.

My publicist had me active on several sites for about a week before releasing my book on KDP. Also, I had to build a website and sign up for a newsletter service with AWeber. Somehow I expect you've got all that already.

Samantha Fury likes this.
  4. Lynnette Bonner

Lynnette Bonner New Member

Michael, You are welcome to it! I'm so grateful to that gal for putting that together.

I have a website and I do plan to send out a newsletter to my faithful few - probably the evening before the book goes free.

Currently I'm madly editing away on the 3rd book in the series hoping to get it out before this promo. :)

Lynnette

5. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

That is a great list. I am going to use it also.

Thanks!
    JH

6. Y I Lee

Y I Lee New Member

Brilliant, Lynnette. Thanks for sharing. :)