Kindle Fire

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jedi79, Jan 10, 2012.

1. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

I got a new Kindle Fire for Christmas this year and love it! I mostly wanted it just for an e-reader, but I found myself playing with all the other features too. With that being said, my favorite feature is the e-reader. It is a little different reading a book on my Kindle then having an actual book in my hand. It is nice to be able to set in bed and buy a book and read it at that moment. I was not sure if I wanted a Nook or a Kindle at first, but I went with the Kindle Fire because it was less money and it was the newest at the time. I have not used a Nook yet, so I cant say which one I like better. I am very happy with the Kindle fire and have no complaints. I would like to hear other peoples experiences with either the Nook or Kindle.

2. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

My favorite Kindle is my Kindle Keyboard. I've had it just over a year. I LOVE the eInk display and I do more reading on it than with actual books. In fact, I don't like reading books anymore.

I ordered a Fire when it was first announced and I like it, but I don't read on it. My favorite app for Fire has been ezPDF. I've also used Documents to go to--surprise--edit my writing on the go. I think it was installing Dropbox that really helped me love the Fire. I also have Alarm Clock Xtreme on the Fire and it's the best alarm I've ever had. :)

3. mjph

mjph Member

I bought my wife a Fire and she loves it...almost too much!!! My fingers are too big for a lot of the buttons and links, but I don't use it that often. Lots of ability for a low price.

4. jonathoncharlap

jonathoncharlap New Member

I'm getting one soon too.

5. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

My mom got an iPad 2 right after the new iPad was announced and I've got to say, I like my Fire a whole lot more after playing with her iPad. The screen looks nicer, I like the feel of it better, and for the most part, I like the keyboard on the Fire a lot more.

Granted, they are two totally different devices, but it's amazing how much the Fire really can do.