Lizzy: Alice In Wonderland Meets Clive Barker.

Discussion in 'Plugs, Promotion, & Success Stories' started by MuskyFox, Jul 9, 2014.

1. MuskyFox

MuskyFox New Member

Hey guys!

First off, allow me to introduce myself; My name is Casey Chaplin, and like many of you, I'm a writer and creator of... well, stuff. Last spring I was able to publish my first book called Lizzy, which I'll discuss more in depth in a moment. Besides that, I've had a few poems published in various magazines, my first being when I was 18 years old.

I love horror, which is obvious - but oddly enough, I'm a fan of comedy too. Who says murder, blood, carnage, and mayhem can't be funny? Right...righ...Nevermind. :)

Onto why I'm here: Lizzy. Lizzy is my first full length novel, and it's a self published piece. I chose to self publish rather than submit it to agents or publishers was for a very simple reason: I suffer from what many creators suffer - a lack of self confidence in my own work. So, now that my blatant fear of shortcomings is out of the way, I'll tell you a little bit about my book. Maybe you'll find it interesting.

Lizzy is a 12 year old girl living in Chicago, and while many 12 year old's are playing with friends, thinking about boys and their dream weddings, Lizzy simply is not. No, far from it. There's something wrong with her, and sadly nobody sees it until it's too late. Through a series of very unfortunate events, mixed with Lizzy's potential unstable nature, Lizzy is told she must harvest the souls of those who are closest to her. Whom is it that tells her such things? What person would implore a girl so young to commit such heinous acts? Well, his name is Gerard, and he is a vile, vile being.

Through the words of Gerard, Lizzy believes her actions are just - but how could they be in the end? Is revenge really the answer, or does an eye for an eye leave the whole world blind?

So, that's the basic plot to Lizzy. If anybody here were to ever pick it up on amazon for just 2.99 (Digital) or a hard copy for 11.99, I would be forever grateful. AND if you provided a review, good or bad, I don't care, so long as it's honest, well, I think I'd owe you my soul, or something just as valuable... which, to be honest, probably isn't very valuable at this point...

Well, Thank you all for your time!

I look forward to hearing what you all have to say, and I can't wait to check out what others on here are posting, reading, and writing!

Regards,
    Casey Chaplin.

Store link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D38P6TG
    Amazon Profile: http://www.amazon.com/Casey-Chaplin/e...

2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hi Casey, welcome to Indieauthors! Lizzy sounds cool, I hope your book does great!