Looking Forward

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by western12, Sep 7, 2013.

1. western12

western12 New Member

I am a first time author and am looking forward to meeting as many seasoned authors as possible to
    help market my book. I understand it can be a time consuming process but am willing to put in the work.

Being here will help point me in the right direction with your experienced recommendations and insights.
    I'm really glad your here and I look forward to communicating with you all.

Thank you and kindest regards

Michael Elliott

2. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Welcome to the forum. Let me give you a small tip, nothing markets a book like another book. When you don't have time to market or the know how, then write write write. Getting more books out there assures readers that you are going to be around and that you are going to put more work out in the future.

Look around the site and feel free to ask any questions. By the way what do you write?

3. western12

western12 New Member

Health related topics. My book is about my wife's battle with stge IV lung cancer. When conventional medicine had nothing to offer I began
    studying alternative medicine. Part of the book is how we defeated her lung cancer but mostly it's about how the body works, what it needs
    and what we can do to keep cancer away. It also covers successful treatments, therapies and the changes we all need to make.

It took a lot of time to sort through the research where the conclusion wasn't supported or influenced by some special interest group. There
    is so much bad information out there. The majority of people are oblivious to the truth.

Thanks for the reply

Michael

Samantha Fury likes this.
  4. Samantha Fury

I checked out your website. Can I make a few suggestions. At first glance your site comes off as just another page. Someone else trying to sell me a book. If you could personalize this a bit I think you would get your point across so much better.

Also you could make it more like a website, with other pages an About us page. Let people know that you are self published, (if you are) push that you are just another person on the street that had to fight this ugly disease. Maybe a page on your website with some samples from the book. A you tube video, maybe an interview with your wife.

Just some suggestions. I've been building small free websites and everything I said can be done with a free weebly website.

If you have any questions please ask. You have a very honest face, don't hesitate to use that to help sale books. I'm sure if you are like most people if you could afford to you would give away the book to try and help others, but sadly things are not free, so we must make money.

I hope this helps
    Samantha Fury

5. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hi Michael, and welcome to Indieauthors! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

6. western12

western12 New Member

I do have a video on youtube. I posted on Facebook and mentioned the book is available on Amazon
    but also said if you will read it I will send you a free PDF download.

My webpage is built through Optimize press on Wordpress. I will try and implement what you suggested
    and add an about me page.

Thank you for your input

Michael

7. western12

western12 New Member

Oops here is the URL of the video.

Click Here to watch and tell me what you think.

Thanks

8. western12

western12 New Member

I took your advice and made the page more personal I think. Let me know what you think if
    you have time. Thanks for your input.

9. Samantha Fury

Hey I'd love to look at the site, but if this is the right link, it still looks the same. Maybe we were talking about two different sites. This is the link I found. If you have another site or link please share. :) (Link Below)

I'm really busy these days, don't have time to read much, but if you want to send me a pdf file when I can I'll check it out. I do appreciate it. You can email it to me at jacksgirl@suddenlink.net I promise I will not share it in anyway.

Here is the link to the website I was talking about I found on your profile.
    http://www.curingcancer.info/

Sam

10. western12

western12 New Member

Yeah that's it. I just changed some of the sentences to a more personal one. It's just a single page
    website from wordpress. It's the theme I downloaded. They are only single pages. I do have a
    wordpress blog Here. It's my shocking health newsletter archive. I did put a link to my book on the
    blog.

I'm just not sure if I'm doing anything right. I put everything together and am suffering from information
    overload abuse. I registered the books website with google and bing and am searching for health related
    blogs to post comments.

It would be nice if I could get some exposure for the book. I set up my Youtube account but I only have
    the 1 video I sent you. Did you like the video. I put a lot of tags on Youtube but don't seem to be getting
    any views. Any advice?

What other marketing tactics should I be implementing. I really want people to read the book. It really doesn't
    have to be that complicated to take back your health if people would only attempt the information in the book.
    I tried to keep it simple and easy for people to understand. At least that's what I attempted. So far I've had really
    good feedback.

I will send you the link to the download page.

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I appreciate your time.

Michael

11. Samantha Fury

The only problem I had with the video is it was too long. I know that sounds crazy but in today's world you must be short around 2 minutes or under, or you lose people. I know it's crazy but it's true. You can't even get people to watch a 30 second commercial if they can ffwd or skip. To be very honest I think it would be good to do some of you just talking, short clips about 1 minute to two minutes long.

I'm also going to read your article on aspartame I've been drinking diet soda for about 4 months and I can see it's bothering me and I have stopped. It was getting to my memory and my sleep.

I hope to get in gear at the first of the year and be doing some interview shorts about 15 minutes long. www.indieauthorchat.com maybe we can interview you when we get started.

This may sound off, but you've got that cowboy look going on, so use it. Women love a cowboy, wear that gear when you do the videos. If you have a great voice then just sit down and talk to people it really works great in videos.