Move to Ingram Spark?

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by cinetale, Apr 24, 2016.

1. cinetale

cinetale New Member

I've just self-dubbed my first novel, #Tweeting the TL. I've been told by a local bookstore that they won't consider carrying it unless I publish it through Ingram Spark (example) and remove it from Createspace. They indicated not a problem if it remains as a Kindle option, though. Thoughts on this? I'm happy with the image quality and look of my paperback, but not the limitation if it is rejected by indie bookstores. Any feedback would be much appreciated!!

2. Steve Whibley

Steve Whibley New Member

you can use Createspace just for amazon orders, and spark for everywhere else. Remember, most books you see on amzon aren't printed through createspace. Most are from major publishers with their own print and distribution centers. So, of course Amazon will keep listing your book if you use another printer. But Createspace is faster to fulfill orders than spark is. Personally, I use both Createspace and Spark. I am happy with the results.