Netflix Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by wgjones3, Jan 26, 2012.

1. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

So, thanks to Netflix, I've watched all the episodes of Mad Men, and I've just about worked my way through all the available episodes of How I Met Your Mother and Friday Night Lights. I've also stumbled on some really great indie flicks like Outsourced and documentaries like Food, Inc. and Freakonomics.

I'm sure some of you have Netflix. What off-the-beaten-path fare have you found there?

2. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Do you like blow them up things. check out Myth Busters they are pretty cool. Hubby loves them I watch them now and then. Hey if you're a wrtier you don't have time to watch TV.. LOL!!

I like Young Riders the western series.
    Scrubs, Hubby likes Berney Mac.

Do you have streaming or dvd's coming to the house?

Sam

3. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

I just have streaming. There's a pawn shop in town I get DVDs from for $2 a piece so I never bothered with the DVD delivery.

I didn't know Mythbusters was on Netflix, though. That could become my next obsession...

4. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I like the dvds to the house for the strage things you can't find or for a series. I watched medicne woman like that and the Nanny. But as for movies don't
    do them too much.

Yea hubby loves Myth busterr is there or at least they used to hubby would watch them on his puter..

Have fun watching!

5. sherrijots

sherrijots New Member

We're scifi geeks at our house. Our favorite Netflix streaming shows are Stargate Atlantis and Stargate Universe...at least I think SG-Universe was streamed. We get dvds and streaming.

6. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

I like Netflix, I only wish they had more streaming available. Most of what we want to watch is on there DVD list. For streaming I would recommend Ancient Aliens, it is on the history channel too. It is pretty interesting.

7. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

Stargate Atlantis was amazing. I'll have to check out Ancient Aliens.

8. silumenye

silumenye New Member

We also like scifi. If you liked Stargate Atlantis and Universe, you should try Stargate SG-1. Another really good scifi series is Babylon 5.

9. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

I have a few more shows that I would recommend watching on Netflix streaming. Warehouse 13 is syfy, Monk is detective/comedy, and Psych is corky/ detective.

10. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

I had no idea Monk was on Netflix! I'll definitely have to add that to my queue.

11. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Monk is awesome! Another show you might like, if you like syfy is Sliders. It is on Netflix streaming too.

12. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

I remember watching Sliders way back in the day. I watched a few episodes on Netflix last fall... I can't believe a TV show from the '90s looks so dated now! I've also been watching Quantum Leap, though I'm kinda cranked that the first episodes aren't available (I'm thinking it starts with episode 3 or 4... grrr).

13. Chautona

Chautona New Member

Eureka
    Psych
    The Pretender (all time favorite show)

14. hippiechyck

hippiechyck New Member

Star Trek TNG and Voyager

Twin Peaks unless you hate David Lynch :lol:

there's a Pysch episode that spoofs TP called Dual Spires

do they have Chicago Hope, Hill Street Blues or NYPD Blue? i used to love those shows

15. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

I loved the Pretender too! I watched that every week on NBC.

Not sure about those cop shows, but even though I have the DVDs, I wish they'd add Boomtown so more people could see that awesome show!

16. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Another one you may like is Mystery Science Theater. It was funny back when it was on at the time. It is classic to me. It is on streaming, and I think Netflix has them all.

17. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

Oh cool. I use to stay up late Saturday nights and watch MST3K when it was syndicated.

Right now I'm watching Young Frankenstein.

18. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

If you like classic shows, Netflix has The Andy Griffith Show, and the original Twilight Zone all on streaming. They also have most of the Columbo episodes on streaming. My wife got me into watching MST3K, it is pretty funny.

19. Adambo

Adambo New Member

I don't have Netflix, but I have a lot of friends who love to watch Doctor Who on there. They tell me I need to start with Season 3, though, because the first two aren't very good. As for what I'd get, I don't know if you like fantasy, but I was surprised to find that I loved the movie "Arthur and the Invisibles." Most people called it a complete flop, but it's actually now one of my favorite movies! :)

20. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

I found a couple of movies I'd never heard of before that I really liked. Fair warning, both were fairly predictable, but I thought they were fairly decent movies nonetheless.

One is a dark thriller called THE LAZARUS PROJECT with Paul Walker (of Fast & Furious fame) and the other was a rom-com called MOVING McALISTER with Mila Kunis (of That 70's Show) and Jon Heder (Napoleon Dynamite).