Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Jacki, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Jacki

Jacki New Member

Hi all,

Like the rest of you, I'm a writer. I write Christian Fiction. Some edgy, some not so edgy. I've been writing seriously for about 20 years. I have two published novels and have written many articles for various papers and magazines, most you might never have heard of. LOL. At the moment I'm trying to get an E-book to market and I'm doing it by the seat of my pants (which means I don't know what I'm doing), but I can't wait to get it over with and see what happens. It's sort of like having "birth pains".

I also have a website called BookTender--www.jackimcguyerauthor.com There, I offer a service to authors who need proofreading, editing, and critiquing at a very reasonable rate. I hope to start doing book reviews about March 1 as well. I've learned the hard way, self editing is very dangerous, and having someone else do it for you can be prohibitive.

I live in San Antonio with my husband. We have 4 daughters, 9 grandchildren, and 6 great grandchildren. Christmas is crazy at our house!!

I hope to get to know y'all, and learn from you.

Blessings,
    Jacki

2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello, and welcome Jacki! Nice to meet you, and have you here on IndieAuthors!

3. Wordsculptor

Wordsculptor New Member

Hi Jacki welcome to the site

4. sherrijots

sherrijots New Member

Welcome Jacki! You're right, self editing is dangerous. I've been there and done that! Thankfully, I have four family members willing to edit for me. Two of them, my twin sons, write too and I edit for them. They just joined indie authors too. I can't wait for their books to get published.