New Members Stop By And Say Hello

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Samantha Fury, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

We'd like to welcome all of you to the 'Home of the Indie Author.' We at Indie Authors are hoping to be the 'one stop shop' for all Indies. We are working on creating a huge data base for Indie Authors. A place for Artist and Authors to connect, a place where Authors can find great editors. We are growing monthly in membership and in great information. Please check back often to see the new changes.

This section is where it all beings in the meets and greets, if you're shy that's okay, just pop in and say a few words. Things may seem slow, and the sawdust, and noise of us hammering away to make this site the best it can be may be bothersome. But, when the dust settles, and the paint drys, This site will be the place for Indies to find anything and everything to help them in their pursuit to be the best Author they can be.

2. AmandaJ

AmandaJ New Member

Hello! This looks like just the site I am looking for! I am an Indie author from Kent England and I have my first book available on Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SOMEONE-LIKE-ME-bottle-bleach-can-ebook/dp/B00J714V80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398354029&sr=8-1&keywords=amanda+worf I recently was given a really good review, 5 stars, by a reader, which has been the highlight of my year! I'm hoping to make lots of friends on here, after all, we already know we all have something in common! I have a blog: http://createsfiction.wordpress.com/ and if you have a Twitter account, then please do follow and I will follow back! https://twitter.com/amandajaneworf Have a lovely evening!

3. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hi Amanda, welcome to Indieauthors! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

4. Jabberjays

Jabberjays New Member

Hi all,

My name is Crystal and I'm 35 from Hawaii. I'm here to offer advertising for authors on my fansite and to eventually find authors that are looking for an editor. (too busy at the moment to do it just yet!) Hoping to meet some great authors here!

5. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hi Crystal, welcome to Indieauthors! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

6. Kalon35

Kalon35 New Member

Greetings

My name is Sadie from Florida. Im working on my first short story where I will be sharing my experience in Foster Care. I believe writing is my God giving gift to share my story with others to help them over come difficult issues in their lives. I graduated from University of South Florida Social Work program however, that does not define me and my purpose in life is greater than that!
    I look forward to networking!!
    Good day
    God bless

7. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello, and welocme to Indieauthors Sadie! It is great to meet you!

8. ambookdragon

ambookdragon New Member

Hello All,

I do not classify my self as an Indie Author. I am a reader first. I have self -published 3 books, all of which are poetry related. 2 I wrote, in the other I compiled the works of over 90 WWI era poets and created a book that tells the story of the first World War from the battle field, from the mouths of the women on the home front and from the view of the journalist covering the war. It is inclusive of those who opposed the war and those who supported the war.

The WWI book was my labor of love. I adore both history and poetry. WWI was a distinct time, pre radio - the written word was still king, poetry was popular with the masses, unlike previous wars the poor had some education and could read and write, this all lead to a war that is well documented from a literary stand point. Not so much battles but emotions, thoughts and opinions. Many of these transcend time and can be related to every war that had been fought before or since.

I digress, I can not write fiction, as much as I love it, as much as I would love to, I am no author. I am however a WRITER which is a fine distinction.

9. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hi ambookdragon! Welcome to Indieauthors! It is great to meet you, and have you here!