New Promo Starts Monday

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Michael J Scott, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

My new promotional efforts start Monday. I'm so excited! Soon we'll see the results of all these efforts. I'm praying for a solid response!

Samantha Fury likes this.
  2. Michael J Scott

Wow. 8 hours into the promotional, and already I have 50 units through Amazon US, 10 through the UK, and 1 through Germany (and I've never sold anything in Germany). Of course, none of this equals money just yet. But it's interesting to watch it start.

3. Michael J Scott

A little over twelve hours into the first promotion. 273 in the U.S., 36 in GB, and still 1 lonely reader in Germany (was is das?)

Still climbing in the rankings...

4. Michael J Scott

About sixteen hours in. We have 570 books downloaded, and already the sequel has picked up an actual sale!

5. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Congratulations! Sounds like your off to an excellent start! I would say a great response!

6. Michael J Scott

Oh, that's nuthin'! As of 24 hours in (give or take) we now have 2,963 books given away.

7. Michael J Scott

We're #2 in Men's Adventure and #1 in Political Fiction!

8. Michael J Scott

This is addicting. I've been tracking the downloads since the sale started. After 39 hours, we've given away 4,765 books. We're number 1 in two categories, and have broken the top ten in at least three others.

9. Michael J Scott

Well, the numbers are still increasing. We're up past 5700 now. But I'm no longer in the top 40. I seem to have fallen back to the 70th position. My publicist says this is normal for day 2. I'm still #1 in Men's Adventure and Political Fiction, though, so I can't complain. Competition is fierce for the top slot, though.

10. Michael J Scott

Final result: 6317 books given away. I've generated at least six sales of the sequel, and three more of the book itself since then. Not exactly the result I'm hoping for, but the day's still young. I'm not sure what happens now. My publicist wants to move forward on another of my books: The Coppersmith. I have to secure reviews for it, so I have emails out to those who've read it to see what they think. No word yet on when those will start showing up.

I'm hoping to get a better sales bump than three books, though.

11. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Congrats! As far as reviews go, I have a book out that has one review and it's out selling the both with ten reviews. I would never let not having a review on a book stop me from releasing it. Again great numbers on that giveaway.

Samantha

12. Michael J Scott

Thanks, Samantha!

I'm not sure the lack of reviews would stop us, but my publicist is asking me to secure them, so I'm going to do my best. I have promises from a number of people, but I'm still waiting to see these materialize.

I'm still waiting to see if there'll be a sales bump from this effort. There've been a few sales, but it's all still single digits. Not quite the result I've been hoping for. Then again, we're only a few days into a 90 day effort.

13. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Please keep us updated, we want to know how it all works out. Also, we added a new book trailer tag, it's for finished trailers if you have any.

Samantha

14. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

@Michael, that is so awesome. I did a free promotion through Kindle and saw 500 copies go. I was actually #2 in Christian Fiction for like an hour because of how fast they were being downloaded and then dropped off quickly. So to get over 10 times that is amazing. Sounds to me like things are working.

Definitely keep us posted as we could be following in your footsteps one day :)

JH

Samantha Fury likes this.