Newbie Here

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by Tregger Woodshaw, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Tregger Woodshaw

Tregger Woodshaw New Member

Good morning everybody. I just signed up the other day to the sight, and thought I would introduce myself. The names Andrew, not Tregger, and I'm looking forward to future discussions. I have not published anything as of yet, but am working on a book series called the Oamen Grounds. Book one is in the editing stage while I am working on book two. It is a series I have long wanted to complete, and have been working since I was sixteen. That makes it about three years in progress.

I'm a scy fy fan since birth, and love the outdoors. One of the things I have always loved is camping with the family, although it seems that those days are growing less and less as life gets busier, but that only makes it more enjoyable when the opportunities arrive.

Looks like a great sight and looking forward to future discussions.

2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello Andrew, and welcome to AndieAuthors! It is great to meet you, and good luck with your book series. It is great to have you here!

3. drdaveherndon

drdaveherndon New Member

Welcome. How about a brief synopsis of your books? Always loved sy fy.

4. sherrijots

sherrijots New Member

Hey! I know Tregger...er, um...I mean Andrew! :D I can attest to the fact that his WIP is terrific! I'm editing it for him. The name Tregger Woodshaw is actually a minor character in his book, but I'm trying to talk him into giving him more of a major role in the future. This book of his is an epic sci/fi adventure set on earth in the future. Besides Tregger, there is Levi - a bit of a coward, who woke up inside a fort one day and can't remember who he is. He is actually one of two characters named Levi, but one is an impostor. I haven't figured out if the Levi who woke up in the fort is the impostor or not. Matthew lives in another fort; he is a Morgni Sign Reader (Morgni - elusive creatures who kill the Rebirtha. The Rebirtha are trying to kill off the humans.) But Matthew longs to leave the fort and search for his missing father, a scientist who used to work for Bionine. Isaac is a genetically enhanced super soldier who has been captured by the Rebirtha. The Rebirtha's leader, the Akilian, is trying to convince Isaac he should be fighting for the Rebirtha and not the humans; Isaac is starting to believe him. Tregger is a low level executive for Bionine who interviews Matthew for a job at one point in the story, but he is such a vivid character - I couldn't stop laughing when I read that scene - that I hope he make a reappearance in the future. Then there's this thing called Oamen. It's a thing (I think) not a person. It's pretty strange; if you get caught in one like Levi did, then you have a strange and lingering sense of forboding. You can also see strange things in an Oamen. In the Oamen Levi was in he saw three melting men in a river; he thought they were dead but one was still alive though he was disintegrating. Levi wanted to help the man but couldn't figure a way to do that. Now he feels guilty for leaving the man in the river. I'm only a quarter of the way through his story and that's what I've learned so far! ;)

5. drdaveherndon

drdaveherndon New Member

Very cool -- thanks

6. Wordsculptor

Wordsculptor New Member

Welcome to the site Andrew.

7. Tregger Woodshaw

Tregger Woodshaw New Member

Thanks everybody. I believe Sherrijots gave a good synopsis, and I'm thankful to have such a good editor.
    The story takes place around the year 2060 on a set of strange islands that appeared in the Atlantic several years earlier. Communications have been lost with the outside world, and a foreign enemy called the Rebirtha has forced the humans into hiding.

The story centers around three characters. Levi, who has forgotten who is except for his name. He soon learns however that there is someone out to kill him, and that he must find something called the Orbule Eye. He doesn’t know what it is, but hopes that it will reveal to him who he really is.

The second Character is Mathew, who has an encounter with a monster lurking around the outskirts of town. At first he believes that what he saw was only in his head due to a head wound, but soon notices that everyone around him seems to be acting strange.

Third there is Isaac Kierken, who is an enhanced super soldier that finds himself working for the Rebirtha, the very enemy he swore to destroy. He finds his world, and everything he thought he knew, turned upside down once he encounters a new enemy that even the Rebirtha fear.

Hopefully I’ll be able to develop a more complete synopsis by the time I’m ready to publish.

sherrijots likes this.