Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by coastiewife52602, Jan 15, 2013.

1. coastiewife52602

coastiewife52602 New Member

Hi my name is carissa and I am a stay at home mom of 5 beautiful girls. I recently became an obsessive reader. Started when I had to get up at night to feed my last daughter and just kinda continued on after. After reading so many I began to think that writing might be something I would like to try. After talking with my sister inlaw we found that we were both having similar desires about writing our romance books. Together we have written about 3500 words and we hope to get finished up with our first book by this summer if not before. Problem is neither of us have any experience with writing books. And I find myself getting ideas for more books that definitely wont go with our current project. So I guess what im hoping to meet some people who have been where im currently at to offer advice and encouragement. I am looking forward to making new friends and figuring out if I can make it as a writer.

Samantha Fury likes this.
  2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello, and welcome to IndieAuthors carissa! It is great to have you here, and meet you!

3. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Welcome! You have come to a great place. We are still learning and working, and building this place up. Feel free to ask any questions. I started writing when I was 8 but didn't start publishing until I was 40. I love it and have three books out.

Sam

4. coastiewife52602

coastiewife52602 New Member

Thanks Samantha I will definitely be asking questions. I decided to enroll in a few writing courses at our community college and hoping that will help me in getting started. A lot of ideas run through my head but narrowing down a specific path seems harder to do.

Samantha Fury likes this.
  5. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

It's hard at times to stay focused on one story at a time, but we must or book one will not get finished.. :) Good luck. Ask all the questions you want.