Places To Promote Your Kdp Select Books

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Michael J Scott, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

I found this list somewhere else, but thought it'd be useful here.

ATTENTION this list could have changed always look over a list to make sure the sites and pages are still taking free books. ALSO it has been found that if you post too much of facebook that you can be banned from posting for fifteen days. Be ware of this fact and post according.

A post from someone that used the list in May 2013
    I just went down the (almost) entire list for Facebook pages but before I was finished I was kicked off and told I was spamming and am now banned from posting for 15 days. I would advise authors to maybe limit their promo listings to maybe 5 or 10 a day.

Here is a list of sites to notify whenever you plan to list your book for free through KDP Select. Make sure to read the websites’ and Facebook pages’ guidelines before submitting your free book listings.
    Websites
    Complete the online form.
    Pixel of Ink - complete the online form — recommended to give at least a month’s notice
    EReader News Today - complete the online form — recommended to give at least 3 days’ notice
    Digital Book Today - complete the online form or contact Anthony directly at (AnthonyWessel @ hotmail dot com). Minimum guidelines for listing free books are 10+ reviews and a rating of 4.0+ stars.
    Free Kindle Books and Tips - complete the online form. Must have an average user rating of at least 4 out of 5 stars. Please note they do not promote erotica titles or short stories.
    Ereader IQ - complete the online form.
    Bargain Ebook Hunter- complete the online form. Free listings not guaranteed. Paid promos available. You may also post direct to their Facebook Page.
    Books on the Knob - complete the online form.
    Frugal Freebies - complete the online form.
    Frugal EReader - complete the online form. Free listings not guaranteed. Paid promos available. You may also post directly to their Facebook Page.
    Freebookshub.com - complete the online form.
    Freebooksy - complete the online form.
    Cents-ible eREADS - complete the online form.
    Free Book Dude- complete the online form.
    Free Kindle Fiction - complete the online form.
    FreeEbooksDaily - complete the online form.
    Indiebookoftheday - complete the online form.
    Indie Book Promo- complete the online form.
    KindleMojo - complete the online form.
    Ebooklister - complete the online form.
    That Book Place - complete the online form.
    Orangeberry Free Me - complete the online form. Must have a minimum 3 reviews.
    Ebook Lovers - complete the online form information. They will promote you for free on their Facebook Page for one day.
    Addicted to Ebooks - Register as a member and complete the online form. Must have a minimum 5 reviews.
    Snickslist - complete the online form.

Email Websites with Your Free Book Listings
    Kindle Nation Daily- send email to Steve to announce free book listings at (hppress @ gmail dot com).
    Digital Ink Spot - send email to (thedigitalinkspot [at] gmail.com).
    The Kindle Daily Deal – send email to Phil Torcivia at (thekindledailydeal at gmail dot com).
    Tugboat Design - send email to (deborah @ tugboatdesign dot net), and she will tweet for you.
    Cheap Kindle Daily – Send email to (cheapkindledaily @ yahoo dot com) to list free book. Book must have 4 reviews and average rating 3.4 stars.

Facebook Pages
    All Things Kindle Facebook Page – Send email to (stepartdesigns @ hotmail dot com) at least 7 days in advance to have it posted to the page.
    Jumpseat Book Club Facebook Page – We warmly welcome you to Jumpseat Book Club! This Virtual Club was founded on the basis that Flight Attendants love to read. We spend countless hours waiting for flights, reading before, during and after. You may post directly to their Facebook page.
    Urban Reviews Facebook Page – African-American authors – You may post directly to their Facebook page. Only post one book a day.
    Power Reads Facebook Page – For nonfiction titles. You may post directly to their Facebook page.
    Amazon Kindle Facebook Page — You may post directly to their Facebook page.
    Kindle Fire Facebook Page– You may post directly to their Facebook page.
    Kindle Korner – You may post directly to their Facebook page.
    Authors on the Cheap Facebook Page - You may post directly to their Facebook page. Your book doesn’t have to be free–limit one post per book every 24 hours.
    Kindle Promo Facebook Page - You may post directly to their Facebook page.
    Indie Book Collective Facebook Page – You may post directly to their Facebook page.
    Digital Ink Spot Facebook Page - You may post directly to their Facebook page.
    Ebooks FreeFreeFree Facebook Page - You may post directly to their Facebook page.
    Digital Ink Today - You may post directly to their Facebook Page.
    Free Kindle Fiction - You may post directly to their Facebook Page.

More Facebook Pages
    Check the Facebook ABOUT PAGES for posting restrictions before posting your free book to the Facebook Pages listed below.
    Ebook Deal of the Day US
    Ebook Deal of the Day UK
    EBooks Free Free Free
    Ebooks of Horror Facebook page
    Ereader1US
    Ereaderlove.com
    Free Book Deal
    Free Books Are Us Group
    Free Kindle and Nook Books for Readers
    Free Today on Amazon
    GalleyCats New Books Page
    iAuthor
    Indie Kindle
    Kindle Finds
    Kindle Korner
    Only Romance Facebook page
    Reading Kindle
    Share FREE eBooks
    Solid Series Facebook Page

Book Promo Sites (Paid/Free)
    Kindle Fire Department — Book must have 3 reviews. Paid promos available. Email Gadget at (medianlinetech at gmail dot com) for pricing and promo packages. Will list free book promo for a fee.
    World Literary Cafe - List your book for Free in WLC’s Reader Forums. Retweet the hashtag #WLCFreeToday. Paid promos available also.
    Digital Book Today Paid Promos - Feature Your Book — Choose Paid and Free promos.
    Indie House Books – Complete the online form. Free book listing with signup to newsletter. Paid Promos Available.
    Freebooksy — Paid Promos Available.
    Ads on the Cheap.net – Advertising for authors and publishers on The-Cheap.net and Facebook pages managed by the Piggies

Free Twitter Kindle Addresses
    @Booksontheknob
    @Bookyrnextread
    @CheapKindleDly
    @DigitalBkToday
    @kindlenews
    @ebook
    @freeebookdeal
    @free
    @free_kindle
    @FreeReadFeed
    @freebookdude
    @4FreeKindleBook
    @FreeKindleStuff
    @IndAuthorSucess
    @IndieKindle
    @kindleebooks
    @Kindlestuff
    @KindleEbooksUK
    @KindleBookKing
    @KindleFreeBook
    @KindleUpdates
    @Kindlestuff
    @KindleBookKing
    @Kindle_promo
    @KindleDaily
    @WLCPromotions

ajattard, A.Edrington and Y I Lee like this.
  2. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

This is AWESOME!!!

Thanks
    JH

3. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Very helpful, thank you for posting it!

4. SamStone

SamStone New Member

5. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

So, most of these want you to have a free amazon price through KDP but the only way to do that is to be select and do a promotion and that is only for a short time. Correct or did I miss something?

JH

6. Michael J Scott

No, that would be correct. I linked my book with a little blurb about the promotion just as it started (just before is probably better), and then updated the pages as the promotion progressed. I also made sure I thanked them all when the promotion was finished. Of course, I included a link to the book each time I posted ;)

7. hchute

hchute New Member

Hi, Michael,

Excellent post!

If I may, let me suggest adding to it the promotions available from KindleBoards.com, which at 64,000 members and 1.9M posts is the web's largest independent Kindle user forum.

We recently launched e-book promotions from our Facebook/blog/Twitter presence.

Here are the promotions available, with the links to their sign-up page. (You can also find these links at the bottom of any http://KindleBoards.com page.)

Free Book promo (no charge)
    http://kindleboards.com/free-book-promo
    Book must have minimum 3 reviews, minimum 100 pages, minimum 4-star rating. No erotica.

Bargain Book promo
    http://kindleboards.com/bargain-book-promo
    Book must be priced at 99 cents, or be on sale from its regular price. No erotica.

Spotlight book promo
    http://kindleboards.com/blog-ads
    No erotica.

Thanks so much for considering adding these to your informative blog post!

-Harvey

Samantha Fury likes this.
  8. Y I Lee

Y I Lee New Member

Thanks for sharing.

9. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

This is such an awesome list, thanks Michael!!!

10. SharonALavy

SharonALavy New Member

Thank you. :)

11. Samantha Fury

I don't have time to see what is duplicated with our list but here is another place check the links on the left. :) http://ebookbooster.com/

12. Samantha Fury

Another link to a great awesome list of places to promote and other helpful items.

http://thewritersguidetoepublishing.com/go-to-list-for-helpful-indie-rescources?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheWritersGuideToE-publishing+%28The+Writer%27s+Guide+to+E-Publishing+Feed%29

13. ajattard

ajattard New Member

These are great! Thank you! I will have to set up a promotion and try this. :)

14. Samantha Fury

Glad that you found it helpful.

15. Samantha Fury

Some more places from my friend Shelly.

http://trainingauthors.com/47-places-to-submit-your-free-kdp-promotion-for-your-kindle-ebook/

16. ajattard

ajattard New Member

Thanks! This is a great list! I really appreciate the help and the tips, especially the Facebook one! :)

17. Michael J Scott

Glad you like them.

I have found a new site as well, and it aggregates a number of these sites listed on their "submission tools" page. Here's the link:

http://authormarketingclub.com/members/submit-your-book/

I've been doing a promotion involving six separate books, pushing two a week on Thursdays and Fridays, only one each day. I'm starting to see some results using this tool.

18. jimsgotweb

jimsgotweb New Member