Question About Give-Aways

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Lynnette Bonner, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Lynnette Bonner

Lynnette Bonner New Member

I’m about to launch a give-away for the release of my 4[sup]th[/sup] book. A bed and breakfast has agreed to offer one night’s stay as a prize. I’m using an app called Rafflecopter that I installed on my Facebook page and is apparently, from what I’ve been able to find out, compliant with Facebook regulations. (Rafflecopter claims they are, at any rate.)

My question is this: if I make several options in the give-away for contestants to enter for free – ie. liking my FB page or tweeting about the give-away. Can I also include the option for them to be entered if they buy one of my books?

I’ve Googled, but wasn’t able to come up with an article that addressed this particular issue. They all say contestants have to be able to enter the contest for free, but none address whether you can have an option to buy something so long as you DO have a way for them to enter for free.

Samantha Fury likes this.
  2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

I am not sure about that. I would think as long as you were giving free entries that would be fine. But, not sure. Sounds like you have a great prize and lots of ways to enter. Congratulations with your fourth book, I hope it does great!

3. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I'm bumping this one. I don't know the answer but someone might. My guess is, that if it's your contest you can do what you want, as long as those providing the gifts do not care and you state clearly in the fine print. That's my two cents. :)

4. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

I guess it is your give away. Do whatever you want. But I think what you might want to do is something like :
    • You get one entry for each social media site you "like" me "friend" me etc.
    • You get three entries if you purchase my book
    That way there is a benefit to buying instead of just doing the free stuff. And this I have seen before with some comic and movie stuff I am in too.

JH

Samantha Fury likes this.