Slow January?

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Chautona, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Chautona

Chautona New Member

Am I the only one who had a really slow month of sales in January? I don't remember it being that slow last year, but man. It was almost non-existent, and already this month has passed it. My sales usually come mid-late month, so I feel better already.

Anyway, I just wondered if it was me or if this was something others noticed this year.

2. PaulineCreeden

PaulineCreeden New Member

I've seen on kindle boards several complained of it. Personally I had huge sales in Jan. My theory is that mine are bible studies so perhaps people made resolutions to read more Christian Living? We'll see if it keeps up.

3. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

I was at kindleboards, mobileread and Amazon discussions, and it's all being talked up down and sideways over there. Part of it has to do with Amazon having a glitch in their sales reporting. I think it's likely related to an error in the KDP select thing.

I haven't received full reports from Smashwords just yet, so I have no idea what's up with iTunes sales or Kobo (not that I ever have much at Kobo). B&N and Sony have some trickles coming in. I don't know if I'll make my average per month until I see the iTunes figures, though.

Finally sold a pair this morning through Amazon. I'm hoping it picks up soon.

4. Chautona

Chautona New Member

BTW... I LOVE your "The Lost Scrolls" cover. Well done!

I'm now off to see where to find one...

5. hippiechyck

hippiechyck New Member

my sales have been slow since it's published :D oh well...it'll build

6. sherrijots

sherrijots New Member

Sales? What sales? That would mean promoting my books and - I just don't do that very well. :D

7. drdaveherndon

drdaveherndon New Member

January was slower for me than December but still okay. This month has been dead, with the exception of a bulk sale of paperbacks to a church.

8. ShawnLamb

ShawnLamb New Member

I guess I'm doing good. Last January (2011) I didn't sell any, but this year the momentum from December holidays sales has kept going with paperbacks making up the majority of my sales. The release of my historical fiction The Huguenots Sword in November, really help my other books.

Things have slowed down in Feburary, but again, I didn't sell any books in Feb. 2011. It wasn't until March 2011, that I started getting sales after the holidays. So far 2012 is starting off better for me than 2011.

9. Chautona

Chautona New Member

February is going gangbusters. I wasn't sure what to expect for after holidays. I didn't pay attention last year, but I think it was a little better but not enough to make a difference.

10. ShawnLamb

ShawnLamb New Member

I wasn't sure what to expect after the holidays either until my husband told me the numbers from last year as he was doing the taxes. I really do the majority of my book sales at events from spring to fall. Online is secondary.