Software For Book Trailers

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Samantha Fury, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Hey so you want to make a book trailer. The best way to start software wise is more than likely right on your computer it's called.

Windows Movie Maker, and it has some great transitions, and some cool things to add to your trailer. I'll also be adding some other suggestions from other Indies.

My two favorites are
    Windows Movie Maker free on most computers.
    Wondershare, it cost me about 80 bucks but I make a lot of videos.

Below in some more threads will be other options.

2. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Here are some links to software that i found. If any of you have tried them or like something else better please let us know.

http://animoto.com/ is a great service and I think it has an free option.

I have not tried any of these but it's something to look into if you don't have Windows Movie maker

http://www.youtube.com/create I have not tired u-tube for anything but live video but you might check some of these options.

Top free five I found is in this article Here

Windows Movie Maker

Another top five blog

3. sherrijots

sherrijots New Member

I made mine with Windows Movie Maker and it was fairly simple to figure out. I did find out however that when you "save as" it saves your video in a different format. Originally my video was simply titled "My Movie". When I was getting ready to upload it to Youtube, I did a "save as" and retitled it The Vrykolakas Deviation. I had no trouble uploading it to Youtube, but when I went to upload it on my Author Central page it told me that it didn't have the correct file extension. Upon doing a little research I found a forum where someone else had also done a "save as" like had done. The simple fix was to go back and press the designated "save" button on WMM which then added the correct extension. Whew!

Samantha Fury likes this.