Streaming Videos

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jedi79, Aug 19, 2012.

1. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

We are thinking of cancelling our dish, and just streaming TV shows and movies over the internet. Our dish bill is so high, and we don’t watch it that much. We have Netflix, and overall happy with it. Does anyone else use a different online streaming site like Netflix that they would recommend?

2. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

About a year ago, I tried them all at the time and Netflix was king. I have read that Hulu Plus is up and coming but that is only television series not movies. So, I think Netflix is probably your best bet. My problem is their streaming selection lacks a lot of recent stuff but seems to always have stuff from like the 80s. I hated it when it would like 20 new release movies and only one of them was created in the last decade. That is eventually why I dropped them and went to Redbox.

JH

3. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I have the cheapest package with DTV. They are the only ones that I know that will allow you to put your service on hold for up to 6 months out of the year. The family package is 29.99 and comes with the hallmark channel all the gospel stuff or a lot of it, and nick at nite. Most of the time the only thing on around here is netflix.

I also get some ESPN stuff on my xbox. I also have espn360 on my computer.

There are some things on rocku but I don't know all of them. Dad talks about watching

crackle
    hulu
    and
    netflix on rocku.

Samantha