The Minefield Of Self-Publishing

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by tbow77, Jan 18, 2012.

1. tbow77

tbow77 New Member

80% of the population says they have a book inside them. 2% get around to actually publishing a book. In the process of publishing my wife's book in 2007, I researched the publishing process and learned the many snares and pitfalls that await first-time authors. I started my own Website to help new authors get published without getting ripped off. Check it out at www.jcpublishers.net. You can safely and economically self-publish your book while meeting modern publishing industry standards.

Ted Bowman

2. DRTharp

DRTharp New Member

On an unrelated forum I had this discussion with alot of people wanting to publish and told them that I published my novel for a total of 74 bucks that I spent on a template that converts a word doc into the kindle flawlessly. I could have never figured out how to make a good preface and a working TOC and hyperlinks in Word. I think its criminal that there are companies which I wont name, even religious ones offering packages for several thousand dollars.

3. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hello, and welcome Ted to Indieauthors!

4. dogbone61

dogbone61 New Member

I told people who I work with that I published a book and they are shocked that it didn't cost me that much. You just need to be careful and know that one can do it if you have faith in yourself. I am living proof, If I can figure it out, anyone can.