The Twitter / Facebook / Google+ Thread

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by wgjones3, Jan 10, 2012.

1. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

2. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm a professional webmaster / web designer, so I have both Twitter and Facebook Accounts for all the sites I work on.

Personally, I only have a Facebook account -- and it's a sad, neglected little place. I guess it's like one of those cases you hear about with the home repair professional working on everyone else's house, but neglecting his own.

I guess that makes me the webmaster with great sites, but a poor excuse for a personal online presence. :D

3. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

Hahaha, my personal Facebook is pretty sad too. My blog's even worse. And my G+ is mostly shares of other people's posts.

Of all three, I like Twitter the best. I think it's because there's so little commitment. It doesn't ask for pictures, just 140 characters or less...

4. CBM

CBM New Member

5. Traci B

Traci B New Member

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Traci.Bonney

Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/

I don't have a Twitter account yet, but I suspect I'll have to get one eventually to market my books and my Etsy shop. My FB account is linked to all three of my blogs and YouTube account, and my Etsy shop has a page on my FB account as well, so most of my FB activity is through feeds from other places. I'm not actually on Facebook that much.

6. TammyHensel

TammyHensel New Member

All my active sites are below my signature. I'm officially a member of several other sites, but don't visit them very much. I check into facebook every day and Twitter a couple of times a month. I post a blog whenever the inspiration strikes. Feel free to follow/add me.

7. hippiechyck

hippiechyck New Member

oh how i hate Twitter but i guess i'll need to join in sooner or later (most of it has to do with some other person hijacking my name)

my website and book's FB linked in my siggy :D i have an About.me page too, but that's probably the height of lameness (that's linked on my website)

8. Johne_Cook

Johne_Cook New Member

9. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

10. Wordsculptor

Wordsculptor New Member

11. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

12. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

I don’t use Facebook that often, and I have not started using Twitter yet.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001645965943

13. drdaveherndon

drdaveherndon New Member

14. prepaydlegalast

prepaydlegalast New Member

I like to use Facebook and post my blog there every week. I find FB to be more valuable right now then Twitter, but Twitter does allow you to talk with the public (those you don't know) more easily. They don't have to be your friends to add them. I have personally gone to peoples websights and blogs from a Tweet that I found interesting. So I guess if they can do it - I could too. I posted on FB how much I appreciate this websight and expecially the syndication of your blog. I went through the process to syndicate it and then added a new blog post on my blog sight but I'm not sure if it automatically adds your blog post here or if you have to add it yourself? Thanks for any insight you may have! :-D

If you like sailing or have never been, come on a virtual adventure with me at:
    http://sailingwithalbie.blogspot.com

15. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I like to use Facebook. I put my book signing info on there with great results. Also, I made a 30 second video advertising my friend's book that was going to be on sale that weekend. We soldout!!

16. Tim

Tim New Member

I just started my first blog ever. It's not ready to post yet, but I will. I have to get my writing persona going. Due to a parental problem-I'll just say it, my dad's a bully, now you know. Left when I was 18 months old, but still wants to tell you what to do...go figure. So I write and blog under "Mike Olmsted."