Voice Actor Looking For A Short Story. For Portfolio

Discussion in 'Meets & Greets' started by elijahlucian, Aug 29, 2013.

1. elijahlucian

elijahlucian New Member

Hello all, I am a huge fan of audiobooks (I am a window cleaner by trade and I listen to books all day) and I have been a voice actor for a few years now. I was hoping I could find an author with which to collaborate. I am specifically looking for a short story to narrate.

I am happy to do this for free provided it is indeed short, and furthermore I am happy to sign all the publishing rights of the recording over to the author SO LONG as they let me use it or part of it in my portfolio. I am simply trying to build my portfolio and for some reason have met with quite a bit of resistance.. I don't know if authors are particularly against this idea or something? maybe some people here can fill me in...

I hope to meet a few new people here!

OH

my current portfolio: http://www.elijahlucian.ca/voice.php my contact email is at the bottom of every page. I am pretty easy to get a hold of.

2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Hi Elija, Welcome to Indieauthors! It is great to meet you, and have you here!

3. elijahlucian

elijahlucian New Member

thanks, jedi chuck norris!

4. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

Thanks this is wonderful. I'll share this with some of my other writing peeps. I have several Indie Author Groups. Also are you on ACX, if not check it out. :) It's a great place to get jobs.

Samantha Fury

Would you be interested in reading like 5 chapters for a promo for u tube for one of my novels. Just for fun. Let me know.

Sam

5. Samantha Fury

I like to see how it would sound with a man reading it, so this will help us both. Give you a Mystery Romance to read a few chapters off, and let folks see that side of your voice. :)

Thanks for sharing!!

If you want to check out the book I can email you some chapters, and you can take a peak at here on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Samantha-Fury/e/B00418GSVC/ref=ntt_dp_epwbk_0

I would want to do the first book Charlie's Angel

6. elijahlucian

elijahlucian New Member

i am very interested! Also if you could spread the word that would be awesome!

I am checking out ACX I can't believe I have never heard of it before! thanks so much for the tip! :edit: aww doesn't look like it's available to canadian citizens! :( :(

I am looking further into it :)

Ok I'll send you a nessage!

7. Samantha Fury

Hey did you get my email just checking in !

Samantha