What Is Your Favorite Book Of All Time?

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Indie Authors, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

If you had to pick one book as your favorite of all time, what would it be? What was the book about, and what makes it stand out in your mind?

This must be a book not written by you. ;)

2. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

There are so many to pick from. If I had to pick one right now, it would be It's Your Time by Joel Osteen. I enjoy all of his books. I have not read his newest book yet, but I am sure that is great too. It's Your Time is faith filled and uplifting. Though God anything and everything is possible. You can do anything that you set out to do. Stay positive and faith filled.
    The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis is a great series too. Being a Muggle, I did enjoy the Harry Potter series as well. :D

3. PaulineCreeden

PaulineCreeden New Member

The Princess Bride - Ficton

Mere Christianity - Non Fiction (but Experiencing God is CLOSE Second)

4. wgjones3

wgjones3 New Member

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson, methinks. Possibly Breakfast at Tiffanies.

5. mjph

mjph Member

Foundation by Isaac Asimov is my favorite.

Runners up:
    I Robot by Isaac Asimov (close second)
    Eternal Security by Charles Stanley (The single most transformative book in my life)
    Wild at Heart by John Eldridge
    Grace Awakening by Chuck Swindoll

6. Tim

Tim New Member

I've got a bunch. I don't think I can pick one. I like biographies. I read the biography of William Boeing, founder of Boeing aircraft and all the things he went through to bring that about. And the Right Stuff...the whole book is worth it just for the part where Chuck Yeager's jet that he's testing loses engine power and it starts doing a pin-wheel spin from 20, 000 ft. He has to eject, the seat doesn't eject, he has to have the presence of mind to go to plan B. That one doesn't work...goes to plan c. The seat ejects, his parachute doesn't open. Remember he's still practically in out space. The secondary release mechanism finally opens it, but catches fire and since it's right over his head, flaming fuel drops onto his helmet which then causes the oxygen mix inside his jumpsuit to catch fire. All that and he ended up on the ground alive and well, helmet off, leaning on a post smoking cigarette and waiting for the ambulance people. I mean, DUDE! That's way, too awesome!

Of course, in the fiction category there is only one favorite: THE CALLING OF MIKE MALONE! By M.L. Archer He's a spiritual Chuck Yeager!

7. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

That Hideous Strength, by C.S. Lewis. Culmination of the Space Trilogy. The first two were entirely too far fetched to be believable, but that last one packed a wallop! I'm convinced he did more in that book to expose the diabolical nature of the men without chests than in all the rest of his writings. He seemlessly blends fantasy, the Bible, the perils of modernity, and the roots of paganism all in this marvelous work that still blows me away.

8. jonathoncharlap

jonathoncharlap New Member

The Giver by Lois Lowry