What Is Your Favorite Thing About Your Wip? Plot? Characters?

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Samantha Fury, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I'm working on my third book in the Street Justice Series. It will be called Reasonable Service.

I really just love Michael Steele, he's stealing the show. I knew he would be the star with Jessica White, in book three, but he is so in depth he's going to have to hang around for book four, he might not be happy he'll only have a minor role in book 4.

What about you guys? What do you like about your wip?

Samantha Fury
    Author of the Street Justice Series

2. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

I am working on day 2 of my epic story "Quest for the Golden Book". I believe i will go with the title "The Varidelance Healer"

I really like how my characters are interacting. I originally wrote the first draft of this with POV issues all over the place. But it was rough draft. Now, as I get the telling of the story right, I love how the interactions are working into the story to make it better.

Love in Christ,
    JH
    AKA - P.R.Aquilone

Samantha Fury likes this.
  3. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

My WIP? Which one? I've got three that I'm writing simultaneously, and several others tapping their feet impatiently, waiting for their turn. All my WIP's are pushy that way.

4. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I do that too Michael. I guess just tell us about the one that is bugging you at the moment. LOL

5. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

I used to do that until my wife said to me "Are you ever going to finish anything?!"

So, now, when one of other WIP get pushy, I pull out (typically Evernote) and make the notes I am thinking of. Then I get back to what I am writing this moment. But then, since my problem with two jobs and a family is having time to write, that might be why that works.

JH

6. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

Yep. I do that with new books. I keep having new ideas peak around the corner, politely asking if I could spare a moment to write them. Usually I just draft out the general story thread, title it if I can, and throw it in the "Considered Titles" folder. Nothing makes it to the "Titles in Progress" folder until I seriously commit to it. The best most can hope for at this point is a slot in the "PreProduction Titles" folder.