When Do You Write?

Discussion in 'Indie Writing, Publishing & Marketing Discussion' started by Indie Authors, Aug 10, 2012.

?

When do you do most of your writing?

1. Very early morning, before anyone else is awake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mid-morning. I'm no early bird.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. On my lunch break

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Afternoon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Around dinnertime

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Evening

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Really late. I'm a definite night owl.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No set time. Whenever I get a chance!

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  9. All day, all the time.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

When do you write, and why does that time work best for you?

2. Samantha Fury

Samantha Fury Active Member

I could have chose just about any of those times. I write whenever I get the chance. If I had my choice I would write from about 9 p.m. until 1 am. That seems like the best time to really go at it, but it's not a good time all the time. One of these days when my writing is more of a career, I'll write on and off all day long!

Sam

3. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

I write when I can.

My biggest problem is distractions. I love my kids but when I am writing I will just get into a scene and things are flowing and I am banging out words left and right and then I get a tap on the shoulder because one of them wants to know something they didn't need to ask. For example, my son asked me once "So, dad, if Batman and Ironman were to fight who would win?" I couldn't believe he asked me such and obvious question ... Batman of course. LOL! But that seriously happened and the part that was the worst about it was James, my son who asked, was already in bed and supposed to be asleep when he came out and interrupted me. And after that, It took me a while to get back in the rhythm only to have my eldest then come and ask me "Can I play Wii?" And all that said, I wouldn't trade them for anything.

JH

4. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

Whenever I get a chance says it best. I sometimes will make a note though the day of an idea but, I have to wait until the opportunity opens up for me to set down and write fully.

Samantha Fury likes this.
  5. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

I try to take advantage of my overnight shifts, and can usually crank out a couple hours worth of text before my guys start waking up. On Wednesdays, my day off, I try to grab a couple hours in the late morning to mid after noon. About the only days I don't get to write are Saturdays and Sundays.