Where Is Everyone From?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Indie Authors, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Indie Authors

Indie Authors Administrator
    Staff Member

I know we have a geographically diverse group here, and was wondering where everyone is from? Do you like it there, or is there somewhere else you'd rather be living?

Personally, I'm from the Frederick, MD area (in the far-flung suburbs of Washington, DC). I'm hoping to move in the next few years -- this place is getting a bit over-developed and crowded for my tastes. Hard to believe how quickly it's all happened, too!

As to where I'd like to relocate -- I'm not sure yet, but have a few places in mind. We shall see. :)

2. hippiechyck

hippiechyck New Member

Originally, I'm a born-and-bred Jersey gal ;) we lived in the Pocono Mountains a while before moving out here to the Denver area

Jesterhawk likes this.
  3. Michael J Scott

Michael J Scott New Member

Rochester, NY, where it is currently sunny and a mild 48 degrees. I was raised out this way, spent about fifteen years living elsewhere (MD, OH, IN, and elsewhere in NY), and I'm just glad to be home again. Love it here!

4. Tiffany

Tiffany New Member

I'm a military brat so I have moved every two years. However, my sister is settled with a family in the north part of Florida so State-side, I would consider that my home.

My parents and I are in New Zealand now and really like it here. We are not sure how long God has us here for, but we are enjoying it while He does.

Tiffany

5. fairieswriter

fairieswriter New Member

Born in CA, but now live in NC. Love it here. I've lived many places because my husband and I were in the US Army. We've been in NC for 11 1/2 years. The people here are so nice...the land gorgeous. I just wish that the summers weren't so humid. But you can't have it all. B)

6. Johne_Cook

Johne_Cook New Member

I'm in southcentral Wisconsin (or orbiting the Earth in a an invisible capital ship with my fellow Overlords, take your pick).

7. hippiechyck

hippiechyck New Member

:D yes, sometimes i'm hanging around on Pern, too ;)

8. Johne_Cook

Johne_Cook New Member

Overlords eat dragons for breakfast and floss with Thread. ;)

9. fairieswriter

fairieswriter New Member

I adore Anne McCaffrey!

10. hippiechyck

hippiechyck New Member

wow, them's fightin' words! :lol:

did you read all the great tributes to her? gosh, i was blubbering when i heard she died

11. Johne_Cook

Johne_Cook New Member

(Nah, it's nothing. Overlords talk big but rarely use our Big Red Button™. We've been sparing your puny planet since 2006.) ;)

12. fairieswriter

fairieswriter New Member

I didn't read them, but I was also so very sad about her death. :(

13. prepaydlegalast

prepaydlegalast New Member

I'm from Los Angeles California. Its nice and sunny today as usual, but a little colder at night lately. I love it out here. I used to live in NJ for 10yrs and went to college in Florida, Arizona and then followed my fiancee out to California where we've been married for 18 years now. Its great. We have the ocean, the desert, mountains and snow just an hours drive away. But we do have smog - but I really don't notice it all that much. Great to hear where you're all from and connect a little! Fyi: I'm writing a historical fiction book about 5 young men and women who lost their families during the Spanish and the buccaneer wars. I'm writing this in my spare time after teaching kindergarten. On the weekends I love sailing - hence my blog: http:sailingwithalbie.blogspot.com .This is great websight and I'm glad ChristianWriters.com told me about you!

14. silumenye

silumenye New Member

I'm from the land down under, where people stand on their heads. :D

15. Wordsculptor

Wordsculptor New Member

Born, bred and never wandered from Houghton Regis (Bedfordshire, England). But then what would you expect from a person who was christened using a fruitbowl as a makeshift font !!

16. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

I was born in New Jersey and then did High School in New York, back to New Jersey for College and now live in the DFW TX area.

Hello, fellow Jerseyite. When you left, did you turn the lights out or was there someone left in the state. For my non Jersey friends that is the joke of Jersey#1 talk radio.

Oh great overlord, please take me on your ship. Please, please, pretty please!

Thank you oh mighty one. LOL!

JH

17. hippiechyck

hippiechyck New Member

LOL! my oldest is still there, so i had to leave the lights on ;) where in Jersey? hubby and i are from Bergen County

18. butifnot

butifnot New Member

I'm from MN where we finally got an inch of snow.

19. jedi79

jedi79 Active Member

I am from Hagerstown Maryland. We have not got much snow this year. We got a couple of inches back in October though. There was snow for Halloween here. Living in Maryland is okay, but I don't think I will live here for the rest of my life. I like a slower pace of life, which I don't think I will find in MD. Maybe I’m to close to the DC/Baltimore area. Life goes by fast enough. I do enjoy the climate here, it rarely gets into extreme temperatures.

20. Jesterhawk

Jesterhawk New Member

I was born in Denville and then quickly moved to Winslow (near Atlantic city) and then when I was 7 was moved to Lincoln Park near Wayne in Morris county. When I was 15, my parents moved us to upstate NY past Lake George to a town called Peru outside of Plattsburgh. When I was 26, I returned to Edison area to go to Rutgers. After that, when I was 30, Motorola moved me to Texas. So, I have been a bit around the state. LOL!

JH